Music before cruise

Lindsay

So...I am 137 days out from the cruise with my Mom.  We are going out of Galveston and the ports are Cozumel, Roatan, and Costa Maya.  I've been playing the usual "get ready for cruise" music around the house which is a mixture of Jimmy Buffet, Bob and Ziggy Marley, Magic, Inner Circle, etc.  In joking around fashion, my husband tells me I am listening to the wrong music for the area we are cruising to.  Reminding me that we aren't going to the Caribbean where there is reggae, rasta, steel drum band, and Margaritaville-type music.   Duh!  Like I didn't already know this.  But I quipped back to my hubs of 19 years that I don't care, I listen to what I want and it makes me happy.  

However, this morning driving to work, it got me thinking.  What IS the type of music for the area I am going to?  Guitar music? 

My wife and I are Buffet fans so any time a cruise is sneaking up on us,  Buffet gets more play than normal along with any other type of "Island" music.  While Mariachi music may be more indigenous to your ports, im my opinion that just doesn't get me into the mood.    In my long winded sort of way,  anything Buffet-esque you can't go wrong with.   Anything played on Radio Margaritaville (#24) on Sirius keeps me ready for the crusing mood.     Kenny Chesney, Marley, Jack Johnson, Little Feat and so on.   Cheers!