Symphony of the Seas - Western Europe Excursions

adb0617

My husband and I are going on Symphony in July for our 10 year anniversary!!  For those that have been on Symphony...what excursions did you go on?  Did you do any cities on your own?  If so, which ones and what did you explore on your own?  Did you like any of the new restaurants?  Any tips or advice?

We have been on several cruises, but this will be our first to Europe.  Thanks for all the tips and advice!

I've been to Barcelona a couple of times (albeit not on a cruise) and it's a beautiful city - I'm looking forward to going back there on IOS this summer. Anyway, there are hop-on hop-off buses which are a great way to see all the sites. The Sagrada Familia is a must see. The tour of the Nou Camp stadium is worth a look if you're a football (soccer) fan. Gaudi's Parc Guell is also interesting with great views over the city if you climb to the top of the stairs at the back of the park. 

We went to Civitivechia on Navigator in 2016 but chose not to go to Rome as it's so far from the port (and being from the UK it will be relatively easy for us to go there for a weekend at some point). If you do choose to go to Rome, I'd recommend booking through RC for peace of mind as it's so far from the port. We booked a wine tasting excursion in Tuscany through RC. It was a pleasant afternoon but my husbsnd and I weren't that impressed with the actual wine tasting - nowhere near as good as others we've done in Napa & Sonoma. We still came away with some nice, very reasonably priced wine though. My parents, who'd never dine wine tasting before, really enjoyed it. 

I was on the maiden voyage and loved the ship and itinery. I took a royal caribbean coach into Marseille and that was $18 per person with coaches going every half hour so that was great.

As for the ship, We loved hooked. they do special shooters with an oyster in which is certainly a new experience. the food quality was amazing, our server Robert really was exceptional. ive attached some images of the food for you to all enjoy

IMG_7932.JPG

IMG_7934.JPG

IMG_7935.JPG

IMG_7937.JPG

IMG_7938.JPG

IMG_7939.JPG

IMG_7940.JPG

IMG_7942.JPG

IMG_7943.JPG

IMG_7944.JPG

IMG_7945.JPG

IMG_7946.JPG

IMG_7947.JPG

IMG_7949.JPG

IMG_7950.JPG

IMG_7951.JPG

IMG_7956.JPG

19 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

@J_Keeble those desserts look yummy!

Still disappointed they did not end up putting dungeness crab on the menu as was advertised before.  Do you know if they are changing this menu up when Symphony comes to North America?

I would assume they will be taking feedback over the next 6 months and be making some additions, but that's only my guess.