Diamond Status & Family

I don't think so, there was a big discussion on here last year, had to do with a young lady and her boyfriend, he got her status because they proved they lived at the same street address.

So if I understood what I read last year, your extended family would all have to reside at the same address, then they could benefit from your status.

1 hour ago, APM said:

sWhen my wife and I were Diamond and our kids were not, the kids did not get diamond privileges.  Different cabin/same street address.

I think this was a mistake.  The children should get the same status as the parents until they are 18 years old.  After age 18, they retain whatever status they have accumulated (if they are Diamond b/c of their parents, they remain Diamond) but they will not get to the next level until they accumulate enough points on their own to warrant the next step.

It should not matter whether children are in a cabin of their own or in the cabin with their parents.  They rate the C&A level of the parents; it is independent of what type of cabin arrangements they have.  If your children are not the same C&A level as you are, you need to check again with C&A.  They should be.

This, however, does not extend to other members of your family.  You have to have the same address in order to acquire the same C&A level.  Even then, I'm not sure they would extend the C&A level beyond spouse, parents and children.  I know that sisters and brothers do not get that extension.

Children and spouses get the same status as the highest C&A member in the family.

A Crown & Anchor Society member can be added into a relationship with other family members in the same household and receive equivalent tier status; however Cruise Points will remain according to actual cruises taken and calculated using the Program level accrual system described above.  Pinnacle Club member tier status will not be awarded to dependents if earned by their parent and/or guardian.  Pinnacle Club member tier status can only be earned by an individual, spouse or significant other by one of them accumulating 700 Cruise Points or more in the CAS program.

I'm having a bit of a time getting my C&A account straightened out since the website "upgrade".  In my opinion, its a raging dumpster fire.  After the Majesty cruise last month, my wife's points bumped from 133 to 139.  Mine didn't.  I finally checked my 20 year old son's account and his was at 139 (he has been on a total of one cruise with RC...lol).  The cruise showed up in my past history, but the points went to him!!!  I'm curious to find out where the points go from the Oasis cruise we just got back from yesterday, that will add another 14.

I've tried MULTIPLE phone calls and they all say my "reciprocal" status is at 139 (because of my wife) even though my points show at 133 on my RC login page.  They can't tell my why my son's jumped to 139 then.  I'm very frustrated.  My son is 20 and doesn't live with us anymore, but his page shows more than mine.  Very frustrated.  I thought once they turned 18 the reciprocal status stopped.  Either way, he will be diamond for the Mariner cruise we are taking him on next February for his 21'st birthday.  We got him a JS for him and his longtime girlfriend.  

So..... moral of the story - no clue why he continues to accumulate reciprocal C&A points even though he is 20..... 

2 hours ago, NeonD7 said:

So..... moral of the story - no clue why he continues to accumulate reciprocal C&A points even though he is 20..... 

Perhaps this is just a little payback to you for all the heartburn you’re getting.  Hopefully he will get to keep his points and they will give you all that you rate too !

• 1 year later...
On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 2:46 PM, DocLC said:

Children and spouses get the same status as the highest C&A member in the family.

A Crown & Anchor Society member can be added into a relationship with other family members in the same household and receive equivalent tier status; however Cruise Points will remain according to actual cruises taken and calculated using the Program level accrual system described above.  Pinnacle Club member tier status will not be awarded to dependents if earned by their parent and/or guardian.  Pinnacle Club member tier status can only be earned by an individual, spouse or significant other by one of them accumulating 700 Cruise Points or more in the CAS program.

Does this mean that if the children are diamond plus, and I am not, that I can get thir status as they are a relation to me, under 18, and live In the same house?

43 minutes ago, Brad M said:

Does this mean that if the children are diamond plus, and I am not, that I can get thir status as they are a relation to me, under 18, and live In the same house?

That's a good question - not sure that it goes in 'reverse'.  I mean, wow - what nice parents to have to send kids on their own cruises to get to Diamond +  lol

On 4/23/2018 at 3:37 PM, NeonD7 said:

I'm curious to find out where the points go from the Oasis cruise we just got back from yesterday, that will add another 14.

You'll need to wait a few weeks before your last cruise set of points will get updated on the site.  About 2 weeks I think, but might be up to 4.  Also, with all the potential confusion, make sure that everyone has the OWN C&A number and that somehow someones number didn't get miss-assigned to someone else.

• 5 weeks later...
On 4/23/2018 at 1:39 PM, WAAAYTOOO said:

You have to have the same address in order to acquire the same C&A level.  Even then, I'm not sure they would extend the C&A level beyond spouse, parents and children.  I know that sisters and brothers do not get that extension.

I opened up a C&A account for my girlfriend after our first cruise together a few years ago. She and I live together, and I just requested a status match to my status, because we had the same address. They put her at Diamond with the same number of points as me. She had never cruised before.

Do you have to show proof of relationship now? I am wondering because I have relatives who are Diamond Plus and they've told us to change the address on our account to their address so we can match their status. If I do that, do I have to show proof of the relationship? Of course it might raise some red-flags as to why I am suddenly changing the address on my account to an address associated with a C&A account that has 450 points, and then requesting  a status match. I've been reluctant to try that, because I am afraid they would cancel my account for misuse of the program and I would lose all the points that I had.

12 hours ago, KMSP17 said:

I am wondering because I have relatives who are Diamond Plus and they've told us to change the address on our account to their address so we can match their status. If I do that, do I have to show proof of the relationship? Of course it might raise some red-flags as to why I am suddenly changing the address on my account to an address associated with a C&A account that has 450 points, and then requesting  a status match. I've been reluctant to try that, because I am afraid they would cancel my account for misuse of the program and I would lose all the points that I had.

You can declare a "relationship" for a significant other or children under 18 years old.  

In your case I don't see how your relatives who are D+ can declare you to be in a relationship with them unless you are under 18.