New website - multiple cabins problem

I am just now dealing with the new website so sorry if this is old news....but I have multiple cabins on an upcoming cruise and don’t see how I can add the extra rooms to my account beyond the cabin I am in. When I try to manually add one of the other cabins through the reservation, it asks me which passenger I am. I am of course not one of the names it shows because these are my kids in other stateroooms. I just called the website tech support line and was told this was for security and that I would need to create an account for each of the cabins.

Could this be right?  It certainly never worked this way before.  I was always able to login and manage all of my staterooms from my account. The tech support guy said it was for security but I’m not buying that. 

Any ideas?

@CruiseDude72 is spot on. If you link the reservation you can make yourself the one to manage it.

If all you want to be able to do is purchase things in the Cruise Planner, you just need to have reservation number and the last name associated with the account. That also usually works for completing the online checkin.