C&A balcony discount

C&A discounts are sometimes combinable with other discounts.  It's impossible to predict.  You can search for a cruise fare and then apply your C&A member number and see if the rates drop.

There are three ways to search with your C&A status applied:

1. Use the "More Filters" search

5adcabc9dafe9_CASearch.jpeg.067208af2ac5846d6b85b5cb2a3234f5.jpeg

The problem using this approach is that you can't see what "normal" pricing is (without C&A discount).

2. Use the "See if you qualify for exclusive rates" link.  Once you are in a specific cruise you can see the price without it then use the back function to step back to the # of guests page and clink the link to apply your C&A status and search for pricing using it to see if the price changed.  This can be done on a cruise by cruise basis, it forgets your C&A number if you click the "change itinerary" link and search a different cruise.

5adcad1962960_CASearch2.jpeg.6ace172fe472453b3ff4dbfac5f6d075.jpeg

3. Ask your travel agent.  I often ask mine to price a cruise with my C&A and without it.  She normally does so anyways and reports the lowest rate of all the fares she can access including with and without my C&A status applied.

There used to be a problem where if you logged in with your C&A number it would automatically apply the C&A balcony discount EVEN IF THE SALE OF THE DAY WAS A BETTER DEAL. I experienced it a couple of times myself so I know it would happen. Don't know if that has ever been fixed, but something to keep in mind is to always price both ways to make sure you have the best deal, don't rely on the RCI website.

2 hours ago, jticarruthers said:

There used to be a problem where if you logged in with your C&A number it would automatically apply the C&A balcony discount EVEN IF THE SALE OF THE DAY WAS A BETTER DEAL. I experienced it a couple of times myself so I know it would happen. Don't know if that has ever been fixed, but something to keep in mind is to always price both ways to make sure you have the best deal, don't rely on the RCI website.

This is why I never log in when I'm first scanning for cruises.  Only when one catches my eye will I log in and check with program discounts.