C & A On-board Perks for full paying passenger no matter what Age

RBRSKI

I was thinking about the different on board perks we currently get as C & A members and how they are different when you are 21 and younger.  My question is, if you only have two in a stateroom, one being over 21 and one under 21, you still pay the full fare for both, so why are the perks different.  One example came to mind is internet, if it was the wife and I we would each get an hour free. Now let's say it's my son and I who paid two full fares, why does he get the modified one for teens?  I could understand if you are paying less for the teen but most times they have to be under 12 to get that deal.  One could also say the teen is not paying for the fare, but how do you know that for certain!  My kids earn an allowance, it's just not handed to them.    I'm I making any sense?

I totally agree.  My kids have cruised every cruise with us so have earned the same amount of points as me.  For me, it was the Johnny Rockets milkshakes...they aren't on the youth C&A program.  Why not?  My kids would rather have a milkshake and I do not want one. So I have to go with them to purchase the milkshake instead of sending them by themselves.  The kids actually get a good arcade credit (better than prepay) but on Harmony it was impossible to use that credit....I was supposed to keep track of each child's arcade spending and then go to the loyalty desk to receive the credit after a certain amount was spent.

As for paying less, you could put 4 adults in a room and the 3rd and 4th fare is typically less yet they get the same points and the benefits.

All that being said, the benefits stink for both kids and adults especially since the Cruise Planner savings essentially negates those C&A coupons...deluxe package, prepaying for the internet package. I think they've made things so hard to actually use any of the benefits that to me the program has become a joke.  

There are a lot of reasons that I will stick with RC but the C&A benefits is not one of them.

I hear you melski94!  Our family is at a point in time that four of us in one stateroom is pandemonium!!!  My daughter is going on 14 and son going on 18, man I feel old, not really, the only thing that makes me feel old at 48 is the gray hair which I can live with since I take care of myself.  Anyway back to the topic.

I could understand to some extent, if they have different perks for those under 16 but in today's world MOST OF our young adults over 16 are more mature.  They would benefit from the standard adult perks.

For that matter what about folks cruising solo?  I pay full fare times two yet I only get one set of C&A on-board offers.  I should get two BOGO drink coupons, two days of free internet as a Diamond or four days as a Diamond Plus, two free photos instead of one free photo and so on. 

When it comes to any loyalty program (airline, grocery store, cruise line, etc) the rules in the form of terms and conditions are set out for all to see and it is what it is.  

To be fair, Royal's Crown and Anchor Society is so much better than Carnival's VIFP program.  Night and day better.  Perfect?  No, but I enjoy it for what it is.

48 minutes ago, twangster said:

For that matter what about folks cruising solo?  I pay full fare times two yet I only get one set of C&A on-board offers.  I should get two BOGO drink coupons, two days of free internet as a Diamond or four days as a Diamond Plus, two free photos instead of one free photo and so on.  I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU ON THIS ONE.  IT'S EASY FOR ECCL TO IMPLEMENT THE NEW POLICY SUCH AS BOTH INDIVIDUAL HAVE TO BUY A DRINK PACKAGE IN THE SAME STATEROOM BUT WILL DOUBLE THE PERKS WHEN YOU ARE PAYING DOUBLE. I WONDER WHO THIS BENEFITS? :3_grin:  NOT YOU

When it comes to any loyalty program (airline, grocery store, cruise line, etc) the rules in the form of terms and conditions are set out for all to see and it is what it is.  

To be fair, Royal's Crown and Anchor Society is so much better than Carnival's VIFP program.  Night and day better.  Perfect?  No, but I enjoy it for what it is.  I AGREE WITH YOU ON THIS ONE AS WELL, LOOKED AT OTHER COMPANIES AND C&A IS PRETTY DECENT.  IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE