Did RC Change Policy RE: Deposits/Cancellation?

Did RC just change their policy for deposits/cancellation?

We booked a couple of weeks ago and went with the fully refundable option. I went in today to see if the current promo is better, but the website no longer gives you the option of selecting non-refundable or refundable rate...

I've even checked other cruises/ships/departure dates and I no longer get that option. The refund policy keeps stating that any cancellation after the booking date is subject to a penalty of the minumum deposit...

Am I missing something?

Or is this only for the current promo that these rules apply?

image.thumb.png.cea046359576171f2e6a420c8287e660.png

image.png

Two things in play I believe.

First I don't see the option of selecting refundable or non-refundable like I did last week.  There used to be a light blue box for non-refundable and a dark blue box for refundable.  Now when I select a cabin type it take me directly to non-refundable pricing.  The fine print for NRDB remains the same:

*Price is per person (unless otherwise specified above), cruise only, reflects any promotional savings, and is subject to change and availability until booked. Non-refundable deposit: Non-refundable deposit booking (“NRDB”) cancelled prior to final payment due date will receive a future cruise credit in the amount of the deposit minus a $100 per person service fee (the “FCC”). FCC is non-transferable and expires after 12-months from issue date. 100USD/100CAD per person service fee applies to changes to NRDB ship or sail date.

Note with a $250 per person deposit ($500 for two), if you cancel or change ships/dates before final payment date the penalty is deposit minus $100 service fee.  With a $250 pp deposit that means you would retain $150 Future Cruise Credit (FCC) for each person.  You do not get this back as a refund, it can only be applied towards a future cruise booking and you have 12 months to use it.

The second item in play is the cancelation policies that recently changed as @Matt blogged about and posted above. While the NRDB policy above with an FCC is for changes prior to the final payment date, the new cancellation policies in the blog deal with changes after the final payment date and how much you will lose for cancelling the booking.  For example it used to be if you cancelled 15-28 days before the cruise you lost %75.  Now the policy is any cancellation under 30 days you lose 100%.

9 minutes ago, twangster said:

Two things in play I believe.

First I don't see the option of selecting refundable or non-refundable like I did last week.  There used to be a light blue box for non-refundable and a dark blue box for refundable.  Now when I select a cabin type it take me directly to non-refundable pricing.  The fine print for NRDB remains the same:

*Price is per person (unless otherwise specified above), cruise only, reflects any promotional savings, and is subject to change and availability until booked. Non-refundable deposit: Non-refundable deposit booking (“NRDB”) cancelled prior to final payment due date will receive a future cruise credit in the amount of the deposit minus a $100 per person service fee (the “FCC”). FCC is non-transferable and expires after 12-months from issue date. 100USD/100CAD per person service fee applies to changes to NRDB ship or sail date.

Note with a $250 per person deposit ($500 for two), if you cancel or change ships/dates before final payment date the penalty is deposit minus $100 service fee.  With a $250 pp deposit that means you would retain $150 Future Cruise Credit (FCC) for each person.  You do not get this back as a refund, it can only be applied towards a future cruise booking and you have 12 months to use it.

The second item in play is the cancelation policies that recently changed as @Matt blogged about and posted above. While the NRDB policy above with an FCC is for changes prior to the final payment date, the new cancellation policies in the blog deal with changes after the final payment date and how much you will lose for cancelling the booking.  For example it used to be if you cancelled 15-28 days before the cruise you lost %75.  Now the policy is any cancellation under 30 days you lose 100%.

Just to clarify as three individuals just asked me privately re: twangster's comment of "Note with a $250 per person deposit ($500 for two)... ", it's an example as to "Non-refundable deposit: Non-refundable deposit booking (“NRDB”)" only. Hope this clears up the confusion.

Sorry for the "panic" on my part! :1_grinning:

Looks like it was a website glitch... I'm modeling cruises now and getting both deposit options now and also the "usual" cancellation schedule/policy.

It seemed a little extreme to change their policy (see my screenshots) so that you would lose your minimum deposit ($500 for the above examples)... :2_grimacing: 

image.png.a7af4a1c6c4c394f71ed34e948add427.png

So, if that were the actual case you would need to cancel the cruise the date you booked it or risk losing your deposit!