Deal Alert!

Wilson

Deal alert for Military, Police & Fire. 7 night Southern Caribbean on Freedom Sept 29, 2018.

2D Balcony for $313 per person if you are Diamond or higher!!! $450 per person if you are not eligible for balcony discount. These are refundable rates.

YOLO. Booked it for $767 total for two.

8 hours ago, Wilson said:

Sept 29, 2018.

Hmmm, isn't that hurricane time? Irma last year formed on August 30th and dissipated September 13th followed by Hurricane Maria. Might be a good deal and it's nice that  the rates are refundable......just sayin':27_sunglasses:

13 minutes ago, rjac said:

Hmmm, isn't that hurricane time? Irma last year formed on August 30th and dissipated September 13th followed by Hurricane Maria. Might be a good deal and it's nice that  the rates are refundable......just sayin':27_sunglasses:

Buy insurance.  It is hurricane season but historically most cruises during hurricane season execute normally.    There is risk that a storm could happen but if you remain flexible and understand the risks of cruising in hurricane season (including changing or dropping a port) then deals like this can make for a great and cheap cruise.

6 minutes ago, mworkman said:

Airfare is the main killer for us, it's usually higher than the cruise fare.

For an upcoming San Juan cruise I used Royal's Air2Sea airfare.  As a frequent business flier I'm pretty savvy at working the system but in this case it was cheaper using Air2Sea for the same exact flights.  That's not always the case but don't forgot to check Air2Sea.  

10 minutes ago, Toyman55 said:

Hurricane season is August through October.  I have found the fares Air2Sea better than pretty much anything I was able to find.

Hurricane Season is actually July-Nov... As a Native Floridian of 31 years I am sure of this. in fact in 2005 we had a horrible storm in south Florida right near Halloween so you never know.. Just sayin

20 minutes ago, AGSLC5 said:

Hurricane Season is actually July-Nov... As a Native Floridian of 31 years I am sure of this. in fact in 2005 we had a horrible storm in south Florida right near Halloween so you never know.. Just sayin

And I'm a gambler,  I'm sailing in September.  No wonder I got a deal.  

Just now, Toyman55 said:

And I'm a gambler,  I'm sailing in September.  No wonder I got a deal.  

I'm totally a gambler. I booked a cruise on Allure for Sept 16th.. But I live in Ft. Lauderdale so if there is a hurricane I rather be on a cruise then in my hot apartment with no power... And if they did cancel my cruise I wouldn't be out any airfare so for me its worth the gamble 

We sailed the week after Hurricane Harvey gave us 53 inches of rain.  Water came up our driveway (we live a few hundred yard from Clear Creek) but not in the house thank God.  RRC didn't notify us the we could even cancel (no idea what they would offer us) until a few day before the cruise.  We didn't have any damage so we went.  They said the ship was about half full.

The center of the street is holding about 3 feet of water.

DSC00043.JPG

DSC00047-copy.jpg

12 hours ago, twangster said:

Buy insurance.  It is hurricane season but historically most cruises during hurricane season execute normally.    There is risk that a storm could happen but if you remain flexible and understand the risks of cruising in hurricane season (including changing or dropping a port) then deals like this can make for a great and cheap cruise.

Looking for insurance now.