Few last guestins before Cruise

1. Will there be Somekind of soap/shampoo in bathroom

2. When you get onboard (even before the rooms are ready) can you go get something to eat example. Cafe Promenade

3. Is the main Dining room gonna be full on 1st evening (asking because i was looking the menus and there was good dishes) And id it possible to order 2 starters (for free? ) in MDR 

Im so hyped, +/- 48 hours and i will be onboard Symphony of the seas 

11 minutes ago, Symphony said:

1. Will there be Somekind of soap/shampoo in bathroom

2. When you get onboard (even before the rooms are ready) can you go get something to eat example. Cafe Promenade

3. Is the main Dining room gonna be full on 1st evening (asking because i was looking the menus and there was good dishes) And id it possible to order 2 starters (for free? ) in MDR 

Im so hyped, +/- 48 hours and i will be onboard Symphony of the seas 

1) Yes, but no a lot.  So bring some of your own or you'll have to ask the room attendant for more.

2) Windjammer will be open and Cafe Promenade is usually open. Depending on the ship, others might also (never been on Symphony).

3) Most likely will be crowded but its not too bad, after you get some lunch go to the dining room and look for your table (# on your sea pass card). This will help when its time for dinner.

Obviously, I have not been on Symphony, but in general:

1.  Depending upon your stateroom category, there will be SOME kind of shampoo and soap.  In most room categories they have a shower dispenser that contains a mystery substance that most use for both soap and shampoo.  I've used it many many times and my hair has not fallen out - yet.

2.  Yes, you will be able to find something to eat.  The Windjammer will probably open up by 11:30.  The Park Café, in Central Park, will most likely be open.  The promenade area restaurants will probably open up shortly after boarding begins.  On the other O class ships, there will be a couple of specialty restaurants open (Chops and/or Jaimie's) but those will cost extra, of course.  Otherwise, you WILL be able to find something to eat that will not cost you anything extra.

3.  Depending upon your dining time and your dining preference (traditional or my time dining) the MDR will generally be pretty busy the first night.  Most people will be eating there just b/c it's the easiest option.  The BEST news of all...you can order as much of anything you want from the menu in the MDR.  Order 3 starters, 3 main courses and 3 desserts if you want !  No extra charge !

Enjoy your cruise on Symphony.  I am very envious.

17 minutes ago, Symphony said:

Good answers from @arebee  I'll just add two points.

Regardless of how popular the MDR is the first evening, there is space for everyone.  Check in to confirm your dining time as well as any preferences with regard to table arrangements (alone, with others, etc).  You can absolutely order multiple starters, main courses, desserts, etc - it's all complimentary (unless specifically noted as an upcharge item, such as certain cuts from Chops available in the MDR).

Enjoy!

1.  We unpack and put away clothes as soon as we get our luggage because we don't like living out of a suitcase for 7 days and it only takes about 15-20 minutes.  During that time the room attendant usually stops by and we ask for extra shampoo, conditioner and body wash.  They have always kept us well supplied.

2.  The Solarium Bistro is open to eat when you board on deck 15 at the very front of the ship.  It has a great view but is small.  The variety isn't like the Windjammer but has good food.  We also eat breakfast there sometimes.

3.   Like arebee says go to the dining room after lunch on the first day and see where your table is.  It will be on your seapass card telling you what deck and table number.  Eat all you want

We went on a Baltic Seas cruise several years ago and had a port stop in Helsinki.  It is a lovely city with friendly people and really enjoyed ourselves.  Hope to make it back in the future to visit the wonderful country of Finland