where the port in Napoli

Jerry C

The port is near downtown Naples (Napoli).  The Symphony of the Seas backed into the Cruise Ship terminal (pier nearest the long breakwater) near the Castel Nuovo.  It docked on its starboard side and the ferry for our excursion to Capri left from the opposite of the same pier (closer to the entrance).  Our tour bus dropped us off right at the entrance as our tour was a RCI sanctioned tour.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/25/2018 at 10:58 AM, psakid said:

The port is near downtown Naples (Napoli).  The Symphony of the Seas backed into the Cruise Ship terminal (pier nearest the long breakwater) near the Castel Nuovo.  It docked on its starboard side and the ferry for our excursion to Capri left from the opposite of the same pier (closer to the entrance).  Our tour bus dropped us off right at the entrance as our tour was a RCI sanctioned tour.

Thank you for your very clear info.

• 1 year later...

the almafi pompeii tour excursion looks a little high for my budget but I feel i might have to bite the bullet hear to see it all. Can anyone give me advice about booking a good tour when I get of the boat in this port at naple capri? Will there be tons of tour companies for less $ when we get off the boat just like the carribean ports

10 hours ago, Tep said:

the almafi pompeii tour excursion looks a little high for my budget but I feel i might have to bite the bullet hear to see it all. Can anyone give me advice about booking a good tour when I get of the boat in this port at naple capri? Will there be tons of tour companies for less $ when we get off the boat just like the carribean ports

When you will get out from the port gate you will be approach with tons of Taxi drivers  and tour operators , they will offer you what ever you want but you should be careful and agree on a plan and a fare. going to pompeii is easy using a taxi or a tour buss , almafi  its more complicate . 

They port right downtown. You can easily walk to the train station for the local train to Ercolano or jump on a hop-on-hop-off bus right at the port.

We've done the H-on H-off bus tour and then walked all over ending up at the museum for a self guided visit and then a walk back to the ship.

On our second visit we took the local train to Ercolano for a self guided visit and on the return, walked around town a bit.