Mariner Aft Facing Cabins

Have a chance to book aft facing  corner cabins 9390/9690 or aft facing cabins 9392/9692 for a cruise in 2019 out of Port Canaveral.  I know that "90" cabins have a door and round porthole (smaller balcony) and the "92" cabins have sliding doors (LARGE balcony).  Can anyone recommend one over the other?

I have the same dilemma for our Christmas cruise on the Adventure for 2019.  The link show 9692 for the Adventure which for sure has the window and door.  I will agree that the balcony is bigger on in 9692.  And one would say it's for the Adventure but she is the sister ship to the Mariner.

Just now, twangster said:

I'm not sure it matters.  This will be my 1st aft balcony on this class of ship.  I assume they are identical, just mirror copies of each other.

I just don't know if the corner with the door is worth it.  We have had 1700 on the Indy and soon the Freedom 5/6/18 but they have a full slider.

6 minutes ago, twangster said:

I'm not sure it matters.  This will be my 1st aft balcony on this class of ship.  I assume they are identical, just mirror copies of each other.

You should have the opportunity to get some great shots of the sunset /sun rise/moon over the ships prop wash from your aft cabin. :27_sunglasses:

It's a long story but it was like pulling teeth to get 1700 for the freedom cruise in two weeks.  It originally opened up only for a quad then they released it for doubles.  My take on 9692 or 9690 is that you have more of a viewing angle in the corner, however, 9690 has more natural light because of the slider.