Sign in to follow this  
joehickey@comcast.net

Laundry

The wash and fold bag on board is $34.99 and designed for t-shirts, shorts, sock and underwear.  Long pants, dress shirts, dresses, etc. are not included but I've included a pair of jeans once and not been billed extra.  It isn't a huge bag by any stretch.  Platinum and Emerald get $5 off, Diamond gets $10 off and D+/Pinnacle get it free on cruises 5 nights or longer.

I would think that on day one it would be a hard press to get it in due to the turnover of rooms and laundry that needs to be done. If I were doing a b2b, I would have it done towards the end of the first cruise or wait till day two on the second cruise.

Now if your talking about a suit or dress for formal night, I'm sure they would on day one.

We have done the 1 bag laundry before when we found a special price. We had gone though a lot of small clothes for some reason. We managed to stuff a lot of items into the bag, mainly underwear, socks, teeshirts and shorts. All came back the next day folded. It would be worth the $30 if it meant we could downsize our luggage, but we are a long way on dropping from a 45lb bag to a 22" carry on case.

16 hours ago, twangster said:

The wash and fold bag on board is $34.99 and designed for t-shirts, shorts, sock and underwear.  Long pants, dress shirts, dresses, etc. are not included but I've included a pair of jeans once and not been billed extra.  It isn't a huge bag by any stretch.  Platinum and Emerald get $5 off, Diamond gets $10 off and D+/Pinnacle get it free on cruises 5 nights or longer.

Great. That's the answer I was looking for.

thanks

4 hours ago, whenismynextcruise said:

A tip for filling the bag. Dont just stuff it. Roll your things before putting them in there. You will be surprised how much more you can get in that little bag.

The caveat being that your laundry is transferred to a mesh bag to keep it from mixing in with other guests laundry.  If you roll tightly and cram everything into the plastic bag how well do you think that will wash once transferred to a mesh bag of similar size?  At home do you jam pack your washing machine to absolute full capacity? 

Just be careful over stuffing the plastic bag or don't be upset f your laundry isn't that clean, just like at home.

Thank you @twangsterI hadn't really thought through the logistics of this before!  When I send my laundry out at home I do the same thing and it comes back clean. Its a private service though and it gets washed  on its own. You are now making me rethink getting any laundry done on a ship again! :12_slight_smile: