Wonderland Reservation

I am hoping for information and advice. Right before we left our room on the Anthem this morning we received a phone call. I made a reservation for Wonderland. It is at 9:30 tonight. On my planner it shows as 9:30-11:30. I prebooked and prepaid. They called me as we were leaving and asked if we could get there by 9:00. I explained I we were going to be on an excursion that may not return until 9:00. They told me that the kitchen was closing at 9:15 and I had to order by then. I hate, hate, did I say hate (?), cold food. Do I have to worry? Advice? 

18 hours ago, PrincipalTinker said:

I am hoping for information and advice. Right before we left our room on the Anthem this morning we received a phone call. I made a reservation for Wonderland. It is at 9:30 tonight. On my planner it shows as 9:30-11:30. I prebooked and prepaid. They called me as we were leaving and asked if we could get there by 9:00. I explained I we were going to be on an excursion that may not return until 9:00. They told me that the kitchen was closing at 9:15 and I had to order by then. I hate, hate, did I say hate (?), cold food. Do I have to worry? Advice? 

I don't think the food will be cold, rather, they want to close down the restaurant sooner and there is an issue between the actual hours of Wonderland and what the website listed.

They won't precook your food, if that's your concern.  

2 hours ago, Matt said:

I don't think the food will be cold, rather, they want to close down the restaurant sooner and there is an issue between the actual hours of Wonderland and what the website listed.

They won't precook your food, if that's your concern.  

I tried posting earlier but it does not look like it worked. We rushed and made it- hot, slightly dehydrated , and tired at the earlier time. We were the last table seated for the night. They sat us next to a couple we know. They were just finishing their meal. They told us that the waiters bring everything except the entrees. For the entrees you pick what you want. They told us they had the pork belly and it was amazing. When we ate we did not get any choice in any of the meal. It was very good, but we were brought entrees that did not include the pork belly. I am not going to be critical about any of the entrees. I am just wondering. In other’s experience- did you pick your entree? Was our friend’s experience unusual or ours?

• 4 years later...
2 hours ago, jodie harold said:

My 40th birthday is 8th feb day 2 of cruise. I, my travel agent and directly have been trying for 9 months to book my group into wonderland restaurant . it seats 52 and we have had to book 19 at staggered times can we please organise the same seating for group of 19

Welcome to the boards. This is an unofficial fan forum which Royal, while I'm confident they're monitoring in some capacity, doesn't respond to.

I haven't tried this, and maybe you're not wanting to pay for it, but I expect the only way you're getting the same seating for your party of 19 at Wonderland (if Royal is saying they can't accommodate) is to either buy out the restaurant or see if Royal wouldn't be able to have a subset of the Wonderland menu served at another location onboard as a catered experience. Either way, I anticipate the quote starting around $4,000 USD.

Edit: The $4k is based on 52 * $59.99 * 1.18 = $3,680. I wouldn't be shocked to learn a minimum alcohol spend too when doing this.

4 hours ago, jodie harold said:

My 40th birthday is 8th feb day 2 of cruise. I, my travel agent and directly have been trying for 9 months to book my group into wonderland restaurant . it seats 52 and we have had to book 19 at staggered times can we please organise the same seating for group of 19

Has your travel agent had no luck with the group services department?