Excursions for 2 Families of 5, for Halifax/St. John/Bar Harbor/Portland

Disneynorth

Need some help please!  We have two families of 5, each with 3 kids.  Ages of kids are 10, 9, 8, 6, and two 3 year olds.  We would like to do excursions that would be highlights of the ports but nothing more than 3 hours.  I'm thinking about the hop on/hop off type excursions available.  

Any suggestions?  Would you maybe also suggest using the Private Journeys because we are a group of 10?

Thanks!

Welcome to the boards. I like doing something private with my family of 6. I typically book a private guide but I don't know what they would have for that area...I look at Trip Advisor for that.  I thinking having some type of private tour is the way to  go with that many kids.  Matt's blog post about Private Journeys was very intriguing and would make me look into it. I don't know at what point you need to book it vs get info from it but I would explore the idea.  I have never booked it myself but I would consider it on our next cruise.