Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas- Kon Tiki Party Boat

MamaB

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
2 hours ago, wforrey said:

First-time cruiser and going with a family of 7. Need excursions for age 20-75

Which ship, when and your itinerary? The members here will be able to give you better recommendations. Is anyone in your party into scuba diving, snorkeling, just going to the beach, shopping, etc.? That will help us also. Feel free to ask away with any and all questions you or your party may have, this is a VERY friendly message board. :27_sunglasses:

We are going June 9th on Harmony to the Eastern Caribbean. Coco Cay, St. Maarten, and St. Thomas. We are all so excited since we booked this a year ago! We really like beach time and need simple for the Grandparents. I booked the waterpark at Coco Cay for my 20-year-old. The rest of us will enjoy the beach and pool. Thanks for helping!  I hope to take advantage of the sales this week.  Fingers crossed!

8 hours ago, wforrey said:

St. Thomas

Check out the "Secret Sands Beach Getaway" excursion offered by Royal at St. Thomas. We have done this excursion twice, first time in 2016 and the second this past April. My daughter and her family with with us and I taught the grands how to snorkel. Very calm water, not to deep near shore and about 50' off shore is a nice grassy sand bar that's about 8-10' deep. It is covered with a variety of tropical fish and a couple of juvenile green sea turtles. The excursion includes transportation to and from the beach (nice scenic ride). Once you get to the beach, you will meet a nice young man (Kareem) who has set up beach loungers for you in the sun/shade and he also has beer, wine , rum punch, soda, water, snorkeling gear, snacks, etc. His girlfriend, (Sparkle) takes care of that. He will tell you that he does not charge for anything but would appreciate a tip before you leave. He was there in 2016 and this last time. Definitely and island entrepreneur! This beach area (I believe it is Smith Bay) is a national park and has a very clean bath house with showers and toilets. By the way, it was my 70th birthday this past April and I did not find this beach stressful at all. :27_sunglasses: