Drink prices Majesty

klc317

We generally go on an RC cruise once, maybe twice a year.   Have always purchased the drink package (alcohol) previously so never paid much attention to what buying drinks cost.    We are going on the 5 night Cozumel/Costa Maya cruise on Majesty on June 25th.   Since they have changed the rules on the drink pkg it is cost prohibitive for us to both have to buy into it as my wife doesn't drink.    I'm not a liquor/mixed drink person, mainly beer but I do tend to enjoy a few since...well...we are on vacation.    Not an excessive amount of course and we have our 6 year old daughter going with us so I obviously want to spend more time doing things with her and not worry about it....but I always enjoyed not having to worry about the end of cruise cost in years past when I could get the pkg on my own.  Just curious what the costs are a piece as I'm sure they vary from different classes of ships.    

I have read where it may be possible to call RC and ask if she can get an exemption on her alcohol drink pkg and possibly replace it with a soda type package but even then the cost might not be worth it.  

Thanks.

Beers (from memory) are somewhere around $6-$8 depending on what you are drinking (brand and draft vs bottle). I primarily drink beer and IMO the alcohol package makes no sense for me, it used to make sense for my wife who is generally a mixed drink person but now that it is both or nothing we are back to no package :)

Doesn't hurt to ask/inquire about getting an exemption for her.

But beers do range from the $6-8 range and of course you get some extra options like the bottled water or if you wanted something else besides a beer. Now that they just have 1 drink package option, you really need to take a look at the pricing to see if its worth is over the 5 days.  I am guessing you would need to drink about 7-8 beer each day to break even roughly....

3 minutes ago, monctonguy said:

Doesn't hurt to ask/inquire about getting an exemption for her.

But beers do range from the $6-8 range and of course you get some extra options like the bottled water or if you wanted something else besides a beer. Now that they just have 1 drink package option, you really need to take a look at the pricing to see if its worth is over the 5 days.  I am guessing you would need to drink about 7-8 beer each day to break even roughly....

7-8 is about my guesstimate on beers .. throw in port days and free diamond drinks and there aint no way in heck I'm getting there ;)