Anthem - Man Jumps Off Ship

9 minutes ago, Skid said:

Some of the comments here belong on the "other" board. Some things should just plain not be joked about. Do not want to hear how I should lighten up or get a sense of humor---"it's not me, it's you".

Apologies if you were offended

Me i joke about everything because life is to short to worry about things but i realise not everyone is the same.  

5 hours ago, Skid said:

Some of the comments here belong on the "other" board. Some things should just plain not be joked about. Do not want to hear how I should lighten up or get a sense of humor---"it's not me, it's you".

Apologies for offending you or anyone here. I may have wrongly assumed it was a drunken thing. I would never tell anyone to lighten up but I would also not chastise someone online.

Mods - if you'd like to delete this thread please go ahead, I'm not here to offend.

To each their own.  Just cause you think or feel a certain way about something doesn't mean everyone else does. So as much as it may bother or offend you.....it doesn't for many others.

If people cant speak up or make a comment or view their opinions for worrying about offending someone out there, then I don't want to be a part of that group or society......and maybe I will jump over the side of the ship to deal with it......

Get my point? if you don't that's ok too and I wont tell you to go post on the "other" board and  I wont be offended either..its a free world...

9 hours ago, monctonguy said:

If people cant speak up or make a comment or view their opinions for worrying about offending someone out there, then I don't want to be a part of that group or society......and maybe I will jump over the side of the ship to deal with it......

Get my point? .

The point you are making, whether intended or not, is that it is fine to poke fun at someone else's tragedy. If that is the society you are in, then I am thrilled to not be a part of it.

12 hours ago, Skid said:

The point you are making, whether intended or not, is that it is fine to poke fun at someone else's tragedy. If that is the society you are in, then I am thrilled to not be a part of it.

Here's the thing...it's a free country...if you disagree, keep scrolling and quit beating a dead horse ?. Life's too short to be miserable or make someone else life miserable. Let's not make this place like that other place.

It is not about beating a dead horse or about being politically correct. It's about human beings showing some respect and sympathy for parents who lost a child under tragic circumstances. It is baffling to me how some people don't get that.

If it's supposed to be a family here on RCBlog, I guess I've been disowned by some. Oh well.

3 hours ago, Skid said:

It is not about beating a dead horse or about being politically correct. It's about human beings showing some respect and sympathy for parents who lost a child under tragic circumstances. It is baffling to me how some people don't get that.

If it's supposed to be a family here on RCBlog, I guess I've been disowned by some. Oh well.

My comment was simply a joke to try and make light of a sad situation, it's called "laughing in the face of adversity" however WE should be grateful that the incident wasnt worse, 1000's of people on the ship that could have become targets for someone wanting to end their life, as has happened in various schools or streets across the world, when someone has no control of their brain or their actions the result can be catostrophic, we should be grateful that didn't happen. 

1 minute ago, Ray said:

My comment was simply a joke to try and make light of a sad situation, it's called "laughing in the face of adversity" however WE should be grateful that the incident wasnt worse, 1000's of people on the ship that could have become targets for someone wanting to end their life, as has happened in various schools or streets across the world, when someone has no control of their brain or their actions the result can be catostrophic, we should be grateful that didn't happen. 

+1

Maybe I didn't read enough of the article...but it doesn't say if there was a tragic ending to the jump or not.  So, I have no problem with the original post, or any "jokes" thereafter.  Maybe it was a millennial YouTuber looking to make a name.  Maybe it was suicide because of medication being taken.  We don't know.  Let it go.

Thanks to @ellcee for posting the link, that's what this site is for, cruise news.

• 5 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, Joe01 said:

I can''t believe that I missed this thread, but it is really sad. I am in agreement with @Skid - Show some empathy!

The comments about 'Pizza' and 'no reservation stickers' are just tasteless. I'm not so sure you would make the same joke if it were your relative!

Enough of this PC crap....if you agree with it or not, move on! Don't tell me what i should find funny/sad/disrespectful or offensive and i won't tell you!

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/22/2018 at 11:09 AM, Joe01 said:

I can''t believe that I missed this thread, but it is really sad. I am in agreement with @Skid - Show some empathy!

The comments about 'Pizza' and 'no reservation stickers' are just tasteless. I'm not so sure you would make the same joke if it were your relative!

i thought it was just the pizza that was tasteless. 

And YES i would and have done, Unless you have been through a tragic event yourself you will never know how sometimes laughter is the ONLY thing that makes a differnce, as it takes your mind off whatever is ripping you apart inside which in turn STOPS you from doing something stupid.