Upload photo?

Mark B

When we were doing our online check in, we were asked to upload a photo (essentially a passport style photo). We attempted to do so (went and had photos taken), but when we tried to upload them, we could never get them cropped correctly to fit the RCI website requirements for size. Fortunately, it is not a requirement to complete the check in. Has anyone dealt with this?

Yeah, just did it for our last cruise on the Allure two weeks ago. Still had photos taken at the counter when we checked in. Don't waste your time trying to do the upload thing!

By the way, welcome aboard! Feel free to ask away with any and all questions you may have. :27_sunglasses:

We just took a couple of photos on our phone and uploaded them. As long as the photo mainly has you in the frame it is fine. It only took us a couple of minutes to do. The photos they take at the port aren’t great quality so it not hard to improve on them doing it at home.

• 11 months later...
On 4/13/2018 at 5:42 PM, Mark B said:

When we were doing our online check in, we were asked to upload a photo (essentially a passport style photo). We attempted to do so (went and had photos taken), but when we tried to upload them, we could never get them cropped correctly to fit the RCI website requirements for size. Fortunately, it is not a requirement to complete the check in. Has anyone dealt with this?

Be sure that it’s a completely white background without anything else but a face in it. 

38 minutes ago, twangster said:

Any time your card is swiped the picture shows up.  This way if you drop your card and someone tries to buy jewelry in the shop with it, they can see it's not you.  

That's right it's my credit card on the ship. Good Idea!!!

• 1 month later...

I took mine with my cell phone and then emailed them to myself, but the picture size was to big, to many MB's, so I had to resize the photo until i got it down to a size the web page liked. They were around 1MB, so fairly small by today's standards.

I agree with everyone, i've done this before andd still had to take them at the port.

Harmony of the Seas - they accepted 2 of 3 photos - 1 person in our group had to have theirs retaken at the terminal. I just used an iphone - all three photos were very similar - same background and proportions. It's hit and miss!

• 5 months later...

The website never even gave me the option of uploading a photo, and I also can't view my set pass digitally using the app. Sailing Brilliance of the Seas Nov 18-25. I called tech support and they said apparently there was an issue and they would have to take a look at it. Not a very god app or website in my opinion.

• 3 months later...

Our first cruise when we could submit pictures...We did but had to have them taken again at the port. Never did/could find out what was wrong with the pictures we submitted.  The next cruse I took a picture with my iPhone of our extra passport photos and submit them...No problem this time.  We've used the same photo's two times since then also with no my problems.