Cruise Planner / Reservation Question!

JohnK6404

FYI... check the cruise planner on the RC site even if you're over 6 months away from your departure date... dining reservations (specialty & My Time) just opened up for us tonight... we are just under 14 months out! Not sure if it's a glitch! My wife and I are booked with friends on Allure for the 5/19/19 (Western Caribbean) sailing... can't wait!!! :12_slight_smile:

My question is regarding the specialty dining reservations and excursions. If we book some of them now at the regular price, how does it work if/when the next Cruise Planner sale comes along.

Does it work the same way as making adjustments to the cabin rate (until final payment)... can we simply call up RC customer service and have it adjusted? Or do we need to cancel the reservation and re-book if we want to take advantage of the sale?

Thank you!!!

If you book each specialty dinner reservation separately you can choose you exact date and time well ahead of time.  Individual restaurants don't always go on sale though in the cruise planner.  YMMV.

If you book a specialty dining package you can only pick the 1st night time, the rest will be assigned/modified once on board.  These are the packages that might be influenced (to a slightly larger degree) by occasional sales.

Either way, any cruise planner purchases made in advance can be cancelled, refunded and repurchased at any time up to around 3 days before sailing.  Canceling an individual reservation and re-booking may not yield the same choice in dates and times though so you may need to be a little flexible in doing so.

In my experience doing so for cruise planner purchases by phone or yourself online has the same effect but I've never tried to call in a price change to an individual specialty dining reservation (I've never seen the price drop, only increase).

10 hours ago, twangster said:

If you book each specialty dinner reservation separately you can choose you exact date and time well ahead of time.  Individual restaurants don't always go on sale though in the cruise planner.  YMMV.

If you book a specialty dining package you can only pick the 1st night time, the rest will be assigned/modified once on board.  These are the packages that might be influenced (to a slightly larger degree) by occasional sales.

Either way, any cruise planner purchases made in advance can be cancelled, refunded and repurchased at any time up to around 3 days before sailing.  Canceling an individual reservation and re-booking may not yield the same choice in dates and times though so you may need to be a little flexible in doing so.

In my experience doing so for cruise planner purchases by phone or yourself online has the same effect but I've never tried to call in a price change to an individual specialty dining reservation (I've never seen the price drop, only increase).

Thank you. To date, we have never taken advantage of a cruise planner sale and did not know that you lose reservation flexibility when you select a specialty dining package.

I guess we'll just book them now while we have total flexibility and play it by ear! 

Side note... today's promo saved us a little (only $75). Called RC during lunch and was off the phone in literally less than 10 minutes with an updated invoice via e-mail... will help with those specialty restaurants! :5_smiley: