Who is your favorite Royal Caribbean Captain?

Joe01

1 hour ago, twangster said:

I don't have a favorite, it's never occurred to me to rank Captains. 

Much like CD's I may dislike 1 or 2 but I don't book a cruise or avoid booking a cruise because of any personnel on-board. 

Couldn’t agree more!!!

For any new cruiser like myself seeing what can only be classed as constant abuse or criticism directed at any cd or any other member of crew on forums like this may make new cruisers think twice about booking a particular ship because of what is written, therefore potentially missing out on a great ship and ports of call just because they read constantly that the CD or AM was no good. 

Dont get me wrong it’s ok to have an opinion but not to go on and on constantly about it. 

Way I see it if you have a problem learn from it, if asked to express your opinion do so in a manner that is respectful to those that ask and those you are talking about then leave it at that! Don’t repeat yourself over and over trying to be a voice that is heard when no one is really interested 

57 minutes ago, Ray said:

Couldn’t agree more!!!

For any new cruiser like myself seeing what can only be classed as constant abuse or criticism directed at any cd or any other member of crew on forums like this may make new cruisers think twice about booking a particular ship because of what is written, therefore potentially missing out on a great ship and ports of call just because they read constantly that the CD or AM was no good. 

Dont get me wrong it’s ok to have an opinion but not to go on and on constantly about it. 

Way I see it if you have a problem learn from it, if asked to express your opinion do so in a manner that is respectful to those that ask and those you are talking about then leave it at that! Don’t repeat yourself over and over trying to be a voice that is heard when no one is really interested 

I have already parked the prior discussion. I'm not being negative in this thread. I just want to generate some discussion.

If you are not interested, don't read it. Quite easy to do.

49 minutes ago, henrysea13 said:

if I had to choose it would be Otto Bang capt of the Liberty he was so kind taking my wheelchair bound daughter for a personal tour of the ship 

IMG_0161.JPG

That was very kind of him. He's now retired but gestures like that go a long way.

1 hour ago, Ray said:

Couldn’t agree more!!!

I imagine the vast majority of cruisers never create an account on a cruise-related website to voice opinions or get involved. Just like the vast majority of flyers don't get active on FlyerTalk. What you really have is the top 1% who are going to have strong opinions because of so many cruises.

I'm a pretty new cruiser (just about to go on my second one), and I personally don't care who the cruise director or anyone else is, because they don't have any impact on my trip as I don't participate in anything that they might have an influence on (shows, competitions, etc.) To me, they're just the loud annoying person shouting over the speaker when I'm trying to relax.

15 minutes ago, Zacharius said:

I imagine the vast majority of cruisers never create an account on a cruise-related website to voice opinions or get involved. Just like the vast majority of flyers don't get active on FlyerTalk. What you really have is the top 1% who are going to have strong opinions because of so many cruises.

I'm a pretty new cruiser (just about to go on my second one), and I personally don't care who the cruise director or anyone else is, because they don't have any impact on my trip as I don't participate in anything that they might have an influence on (shows, competitions, etc.) To me, they're just the loud annoying person shouting over the speaker when I'm trying to relax.

I must agree 

I couldn’t care less whether someone is good or bad as a CD, AM or whatever, for me it’s about the trip, seeing new ports, meeting new people etc 

The crew are only a small part of the experience and in my opinion not worth worrying about

9 hours ago, Joe01 said:

That was very kind of him. He's now retired but gestures like that go a long way.

i wish I knew how to contact him and tell him how much his gesture meant to my daughter and my family my daughter still talks about him and the fabulous new years eve cruise we had 

19 hours ago, Ray said:

I must agree 

I couldn’t care less whether someone is good or bad as a CD, AM or whatever, for me it’s about the trip, seeing new ports, meeting new people etc 

The crew are only a small part of the experience and in my opinion not worth worrying about

Agree - I've been on 6 cruises and couldn't have told you the name of the Captain, Cruise Director, or any other "main" crew when I got off any of them.

Still remember some of the dining room staff and cabin steward names from trips in the 1990s, though. The people we interact with are the ones that are memorable.