Need to board ASAP....lol

Hi there,

My wife and I are working out plans for our upcoming cruise 23 November 2018 on ovation from Sydney to Tasmania.

Now are there any tips that you guys might have inregards to getting on ASAP with RC and particularly SYD terminal

Two reasons why are,

1. We bought the UDP, from my understanding I can only reserve once on board and id like dine to at a reasonable time lol.

2. I'd like to avoid the lines and book the NorthStar, FLOWRIDER and IFLY. 

3. Once that the above is done we would like to greet/help our family members who are first time to cruising and RC.

We are Gold C&A and we are staying in a suite and I have been told those categories get priority boarding.

Also is there anyway I can book/reserve dining times and activities for other family members as they are let's say " technologically retarded" and will be overwhelmed as first-time cruisers...lol

Any help/comment would be great as I've heard booking and reserving is a must with quantum class and oasis class ships....cheers!

Welcome to the boards!  Replies in red.

10 hours ago, Avfrattner said:

Hi there,

My wife and I are working out plans for our upcoming cruise 23 November 2018 on ovation from Sydney to Tasmania.

Now are there any tips that you guys might have inregards to getting on ASAP with RC and particularly SYD terminal

I have zero experience with the Sydney terminal but like every other cruise, do your online check in at home, get to the terminal early.

Two reasons why are,

1. We bought the UDP, from my understanding I can only reserve once on board and id like dine to at a reasonable time lol.

Yes, you can take care of that once you get on board.  This is one of the first things people with dining packages take care of to secure the choices they want.

2. I'd like to avoid the lines and book the NorthStar, FLOWRIDER and IFLY. 

Make sure you do this way ahead of time.  Same with entertainment and show bookings.  All this will be made available on your cruise planner.  Seeing that you are sailing in November, it's probably not up yet.  The earliest I have ever seen entertainment released is about 160 days out.  However, lately, I have been hearing reports that it is closer to 90 days out.  There's no predicting it.  It always vary by ship and sailing.  Check regularly.

3. Once that the above is done we would like to greet/help our family members who are first time to cruising and RC.

Maybe decide on a meeting spot if you are not boarding together?  Or if you all have purchased VOOM you can text each other?

We are Gold C&A and we are staying in a suite and I have been told those categories get priority boarding.

Not sure about the specific of Ovation but you should get to board with the suites.  They board before before Gold level members.  The order is usually  Pinnacles and suites, and then down the C&A ladder.

Also is there anyway I can book/reserve dining times and activities for other family members as they are let's say " technologically retarded" and will be overwhelmed as first-time cruisers...lol

When you go to book dining, there is a spot on your cruise planner where is says to "link another reservation". If you plug in their reservation number, you can make the reservations together.  Best bet is to get the TA or RC to link it also.

Any help/comment would be great as I've heard booking and reserving is a must with quantum class and oasis class ships....cheers!

For Oasis and Quantum class, it is definitely going to be a smoother and enjoyable vacation if you do your research first and book things ahead of time.  And you've found the perfect place to do your research!

Also pinging @F1guynz because he will have a lot more info on this ship.