Allure of the Seas must have meal

Toyman55

I know this is a personal preference, but for everyone one who has sailed the Allure of the Seas, what it the one thing I must not miss having on the cruise?.  What is the one thing would you must have for dinner/lunch/breakfast on the cruise.  I know someone thought the French Toast at CK was great so I have that on my list.  I've also put down the BLT Bloody Mary.  

Thank you for your opinions.

1 hour ago, Toyman55 said:

I know this is a personal preference, but for everyone one who has sailed the Allure of the Seas, what it the one thing I must not miss having on the cruise?.  What is the one thing would you must have for dinner/lunch/breakfast on the cruise.  I know someone thought the French Toast at CK was great so I have that on my list.  I've also put down the BLT Bloody Mary.  

Thank you for your opinions.

Filet mignon in CK from night 1.

On Allure,  they have moved filet night from night 1 to night 4. Apparently the word has gotten out about filet night on night 1 and they were overwhelmed. Tonite is night 4 so we will be going there tonite. 

So much depends on whether you have children traveling with you or not. Star Class has “access” privileges to some of the activities (zip line, flow rider, etc.) on sea days during certain hours so this would very useful if you have people in your party that would enjoy those things.

There is so much to do on Allure it’s hard to choose which ones are “not to miss”. The Aqua Theate shows are fun and the ice shows are fun.  We have seen Mama Mia enough times that we skipped that one this trip.  The Blue Planet is a show I like seeing over and over so I wouldn’t miss that one. 

My son is coming with us.  He is 29 so no problem with young ones, though I will probably zipline and flow ride.  We are Star so I plan on visiting as many specialty restaurants as possible, plus I am a sushi addict.  If I could, I would probably be popping in Izumi's (which means 'fountain or spring' by the way) every day.  

18 minutes ago, Toyman55 said:

My son is coming with us.  He is 29 so no problem with young ones, though I will probably zipline and flow ride.  We are Star so I plan on visiting as many specialty restaurants as possible, plus I am a sushi addict.  If I could, I would probably be popping in Izumi's (which means 'fountain or spring' by the way) every day.  

On the topic of Izumi, anyone know if there is an upcharge for Hibachi if in Star Class? Or is everything covered?

On 4/11/2018 at 7:45 PM, Lovetocruise2002 said:

On the topic of Izumi, anyone know if there is an upcharge for Hibachi if in Star Class? Or is everything covered?

No, there is $0 charge for anything at Izumi whether it’s on the sushi side or the hibachi side.  Even all of the upgraded menu items for hibachi are included.  You can add sushi to your hibachi order if you want. There’s virtually no way to have a charge from eating at Izumi unless you were to order some super premium liquor and I’m not even sure they have such an option at Izumi. Dan ate there about 4 times this week. Twice was enough for me. 

26 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

No, there is $0 charge for anything at Izumi whether it’s on the sushi side or the hibachi side.  Even all of the upgraded menu items for hibachi are included.  You can add sushi to your hibachi order if you want. There’s virtually no way to have a charge from eating at Izumi unless you were to order some super premium liquor and I’m not even sure they have such an option at Izumi. Dan ate there about 4 times this week. Twice was enough for me. 

Is hibachi something you should reserve in advance? Or can the Genie usually get you in?

On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 4:45 PM, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I believe it is included.  From what I understand, except for the candy store, Starbuck's pastry, Chefs Table wine, and maybe the ice cream and cupcake shop, all the specialty restaurants are included.  I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.

I'm not a big fan of teppenyaki style cooking.  That is the flattop show.  Hibachi is usually a charcoal grill which can be very good but can't be done in mass.

I was told the genie could get you in just anywhere without too much difficulty.

If you know that you want to do the hibachi grill, I suggest that you let the Genie know as soon as he contacts you.  This is probably the one restaurant where the Genie has the least flexibility due to the fact that there are limited seats.  I will say that I saw empty seats at the hibachi tables nearly every time I went by there so it's almost a certainty that the Genie will be able to schedule this SOME time during your cruise.  I will also mention that the hibachi side is open for lunch on sea days.  We did not do it this time b/c we have "been there, done that" but the kids usually love this event so go for it !

On Allure this week the ice cream and cupcakes were included but we didn't get any of that.  We never had any request denied but we also pretty much knew what we could and could not do beforehand.

Not sure which thread it was in, but someone asked whether or not the Genie could reserve loungers by the pool.  I asked Charlie and he said that he would not try and do that.  There is a suites lounge area up on deck 17 and this area is exclusive to suites and pinnacles so he would expect you go to there.  While there is no pool up there (a shortcoming that I hope they fix one day) there are plenty of loungers and also cabanas (which were so hot you couldn't stay up there more than a few minutes !!) so this is the reserved area for suites.  He said he could reserve one of the cabanas if you wanted one but not individual loungers.

I agree with both 150 Central Park and Izumi Hibachi. Both were our favorite meals on our honeymoon B2B cruise, and talk about them often. That said, we did go to Izumi for the sushi bar side four or five times during our two weeks of cruising. 

For Sabor, if you don't want another huge meal for lunch, go for happy hour and sit at the bar. Order a round of chips and handmade guacamole (around $7 if I can remember) and a couple of their specialty margaritas. That was lunch for us more than once!

Heads up on 150 CP though @Toyman55.  I have read recently that the menu has changed.  They are no longer affiliated with whoever they were before and word on some other boards was that the menu has changed. 

I'm not sure if this applies to all ships with 150 CP or just some?  I've been trying to follow FB posts but no one has posted any new menus recently.  The only new 150 CP menu I saw recently was from Symphony and there were items there that are not on the others.  But I have no idea what the others look like at this point.

I would ask your Genie for all the menus ahead of time.  Look over them and plan around that.  That's the Type A in me...

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Heads up on 150 CP though @Toyman55.  I have read recently that the menu has changed.  They are no longer affiliated with whoever they were before and word on some other boards was that the menu has changed. 

I'm not sure if this applies to all ships with 150 CP or just some?  I've been trying to follow FB posts but no one has posted any new menus recently.  The only new 150 CP menu I saw recently was from Symphony and there were items there that are not on the others.  But I have no idea what the others look like at this point.

I would ask your Genie for all the menus ahead of time.  Look over them and plan around that.  That's the Type A in me...

Thanks.  Adding it to my Word doc.  'Request menus from Genie.'