Marine Life on Eastern Caribbean Cruise

Toyman55

I looked up your itinerary, Saint Martin, San Juan and Labadee.

You might go search at Tripadvisor and/or Cruiseline.com, someplace where they provide feedback on excursions.

St Martin, I'm sure there is snorkeling or scuba available, just don't know if they have a great reef system that would attract marine life

San Juan, same situation as above.

Labadee, is RCCL's private island, I know there is snorkeling, but again I don't know how vibrant the reef system is.

Cozumel, Roaton and Grand Cayman have some of the best snorkeling and scuba diving in the whole Caribbean, so if seeing marine life is a deal breaker you might consider changing.

I was just in St. Maarten and did Capt. Bob's all-day snorkeling and beach tour. It was a ton of fun and you get two good snorkeling stops: One at Tintemarre Island for sea turtles and sting rays, other at Creole Rock for tons of fish, sea urchins, octopi and more. Also includes a beach / lunch stop at Pinel Island and another beach stop at Long Bay, and a swing by Maho Beach to catch any airplanes flying overhead. Not a booking through Royal, you book directly with them via email and PayPal (deposit with final payment in cash at the marina, or can pay in full up front if you want); they make very sure you get back to your ship on time, just need to be in port from 8 AM to 5 PM or thereabouts (4:30 all-aboard time), as the excursion goes from 10 AM (9:30 checkin) to 4 PM.

I'll be writing up a review of this excursion here over the weekend, and you can also look at the entry from my Live(ish) Blog for a ton of pictures from the trip.