photo packages

We are travelling 9 people in 3 cabins on Harmony of the Seas in December. If we want to do the photo package, it only includes photos of the people in your own stateroom. If we want group photos of the whole group, does that mean we all have to buy the photo package? Can we buy just individual photos and if so, how much does that cost? Do the photo packages go on sale prior to the cruise or is it the same price as on the boat? 

Thanks

You should have NO problem taking pictures with the whole group and purchasing them individually, They are usually about $20 per photo, only advice I have for you is that if you want several pictures of the same one then ask the photographer to take several pictures of the same one so everyone can have a copy.  Depending on  how many pictures you take will determine if you will need  a photo package or not, we have only gotten it  twice and doubt we will get another.  You may be able to find a better deal online, or you may find  a better deal onboard, it is really hard to say, one thing I have noticed is that the price really does not go down much!  We normally walk away with 4-6 pictures from each cruise and find it cheaper to get them individually vs buying the whole package.  They usually have a buy one get one 50% off loaded on our sea pass cards, I hope this helps! :14_relaxed:

Guest toodle68

I think it is hit and miss depending on ship. We were on Freedom in Dec with 3 cabins and every picture ended up in our 1 account. It might be because the early photo's were attached to our room and then everyone else ended up there too.  Otherwise, we rarely buy the photo package as we take a lot ourselves and there is normally only 1 or two worth keeping. You can also buy 1 and either download to a usb drive (they provide) or download it from a website on the ship.  That way you can print it off when home. I can't remember what the resolution was, but good enough for a small print.

Never buy the photo package as I've done consulting work for several cruise lines and seen the profit margins!!!!!!!! You can all buy individual prints of the same photo if you want, we had a great group shot of 4 couples in Labadee and all purchased copies as a souvenir. RCL are happy to make multiple copies of the same photo and you generally just pick up the next day.

Personally, I think the photo packages are a Great Value if you plan to use them to the fullest. My family have purchased the All Digital plan on Allure and had over 275 pictures in the end. We had 2 cabins and 6 persons total and all of our pictures were included solos and group shots.