Royal Caribbean restructure

News just realised about Royal Caribbean splitting the 3 brands to dedicated centres isn't all good news for us! Yes I agree that the brands are big enough to have there own dedicated teams, one for each, Royal Caribbean, Celebrity and Azamara, to improve on what they are already known for which is their great customer service in the UK! However by moving the centres (except a small celebrity team) outside of the UK is not a good move! I think this because as an English customer I want to speak to a knowledgeable English person in the UK and not in a foreign country. Also some of the UK team are being made redundant to be replaced in another country by someone else? I was lead to believe they treat their staff very well but these seems not like that anymore. Are they reducing their costs by doing this? Will our calls cost more now? What do you think?

I'm somewhat surprised at this -- RCI just announced last week that RCI charge card point rewards would be honered across to Celebrity & Azamara?

Don,

The split up is just business operations in the UK. Instead of grouping all three companies under one UK management team, they will each have their own separate managing director, commercial, marketing, and sales teams. The three brands are still owned by Royal Caribbean International and current company US based CEO's will still be in charge. The UK operations change is exactly how operations are currently set up in the US.

The split up will have no effect on the Royal Caribbean Visa Signature changes announced last week and rewards which will now be available to the Celebrity and Azamara brands.

The split up also makes changes to guest service call centers in other countries, not the US.