Coco Cay Jet Ski excursion

MaryCS62

Has anyone done this?  My DH & DD are signed up for it, & I've looked at the "what to bring" list, but I'm wondering -- do they give drivers life vests? What about goggles?  Both of them wear glasses, & they can't drive without them, so I don't think they should be driving jet skis without them either:5_smiley:.  Just like to be prepared....

20 minutes ago, MaryCS62 said:

Has anyone done this?  My DH & DD are signed up for it, & I've looked at the "what to bring" list, but I'm wondering -- do they give drivers life vests? What about goggles?  Both of them wear glasses, & they can't drive without them, so I don't think they should be driving jet skis without them either:5_smiley:.  Just like to be prepared....

Agree with @jce2.  You either have to do do prescription goggles or get contacts and then where goggles.  The prescription goggles is probably your best best because when contacts get wet they are really uncomfortable.

21 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Agree with @jce2.  You either have to do do prescription goggles or get contacts and then where goggles.  The prescription goggles is probably your best best because when contacts get wet they are really uncomfortable.

Neither one of them is the type to wear contacts, so I will pass this info along to them. Thanks for the help!

Here is the site I used.  I wear progressives so I simply asked my doctor what the prescription would be for about 12-20 feet distance and bought the goggles with that setting.  worked fine for my day in the Grand Caymans last year!

https://www.getwetstore.com/prescription-mask/promate-pro-slender-prescription-scuba-dive-purge-mask-rx-able-mk285-rx.html

Guest toodle68

We did this last year.. a lot of fun.. I just wore sunglasses and had no issues with spray. My wife needs glasses to see and has a pair of prescription sunglasses.  Life vests are provided.

4 hours ago, toodle68 said:

We did this last year.. a lot of fun.. I just wore sunglasses and had no issues with spray. My wife needs glasses to see and has a pair of prescription sunglasses.  Life vests are provided.

Well, DH has prescription sunglasses, so I'll just have him get one of those elastic bands that will hold them so they don't fall off.  Will talk w/ DD to see what she wants to do.