Drink packages

Again another newbie to RCL question. Are drink packages worth it? I had read that only coffee, juice and milk are available in the mornings and iced tea is added in afternoons. Being diabetic, I wonder if I need a soda package for diet drinks. Thanks for any advice. 

To some people it is worth it and to others it isn't.  Only you know if you will drink enough to make it worth it.

First the free stuff... coffee is available all day in certain places.  Juice is available in the morning, there is some type of flavored water and ice tea in the afternoon.  There are water dispensers nears bars that you can go help yourself to cups of water through out the day. Also, tap water from the sink is safe to drink.

Now if you are a soda drinker and plan on drinking at least 3 diet soda a day, then yes I think the soda package would be worth it.  The deluxe package would depend on what you could get purchase it for on sale...that price varies.  Once again if you plan on drinking 3 drinks (cocktails, wine, etc) then plus the soda it could be worth it too.

I've been on cruises with and without drink packages but it really comes down to what you think you'd buy on the cruise.

I bought the soda package for my Dad, 2 brothers and myself on our recent cruise and i definitely found it worth it. It was $8 per day and you got a souvenir cup that you could use at any of the Coca Cola Freestyle machines or have filled at any of the bars. The size of the cup could probably hold the equivalent of 2 cans of soda (i believe a can of soda is 3.25 a la carte) so if you were going to drink more than 2 cans a day i'd say it would be worth it. 

It was definitely worth it for me and my family since at minimum we'd usually fill it up at lunch, a few times when we were out on the pool deck, and then at dinner, unless we chose to order an a la carte alcoholic beverage. 

Like everyone else has said it comes down to how much you think you'll be drinking, and what. We didn't opt for anything more involved as our itinerary was 6 port stops and 1 sea day so we spent pretty much all our time off the boat, so the other two options didn't make sense for us.  but again, to echo what @melski94 said above, only you know what makes sense for you!

21 hours ago, Snowwhite said:

Again another newbie to RCL question. Are drink packages worth it? I had read that only coffee, juice and milk are available in the mornings and iced tea is added in afternoons. Being diabetic, I wonder if I need a soda package for diet drinks. Thanks for any advice. 

Welcome!  See attached...it's says it is for Harmony of the Seas but the info is the same across the fleet. Answers many of your questions.  Enjoy!

Cruise News Harmony 2019 Drinking.pdf

34 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Just so you know, the drink packages only include fountain sodas. If you (like me) prefer cans, you will still have to pay for them. 

So are cans covered in the deluxe package?  And where might one find cans.  I like to have a few in the room fridge.

You can get cans from most bars but even with the deluxe package, the cans are not included (exception - Star Class).  Nothing from the room fridge is included in either package so will probably need to bring your own cans onboard or pay $4 a piece.  It’s a major deficiency in the beverage programs, IMO.