SeaPass Cards

How do you carry your SeaPass card? 

I rarely have pockets and am use to the Disney Magic Band at this point so am looking for suggestions. We will be getting the deluxe drink package so do we also have to carry IDs (licenses/passports) to show we are of drinking age or does the SeaPass show that?

I usually carry it in my main wallet, however, next cruise I will bring a secondary card wallet holding the SeaPass only.

Some ships have WOW Band capabilities, when I was on Harmony recently I had the ability to purchase for $5 at Guest Relations. Honestly, it was bit of a pain to hand to the bartenders and wait-staff. However, it was GREAT to use it to open the stateroom. You still have to use the SeaPass to embark and disembark though.

If you're used to using MagicBands, the WOW Band may be your best alternative, just depends if you're going on Harmony, Symphony, and I believe any Quantum Class ship. All the other ships, as far as my knowledge, do not have WOW band tech yet.

Lanyard here!  I got a handful free at my job and threw them in my book bag with our set sail passes.  When we checked in, I asked the woman checking us in iif she would mind cutting the holes in our room keys and of course she was more than happy to oblige! I have found that this is better that using a wallet/money clip because there is absolutely nothing I need to carry around other than my phone or GoPro  so I can take pictures around the ship.  

1 hour ago, smtwist said:

Thank you everyone! Do the passes have a way to connect the lanyard to them? Or is that a simple ask of guest relations who can punch a hole in them for us?

What ship are you on?  Some ships (Anthem, Harmony, Quantum) have sea pass cards that have RFID technology and you can't punch a hole in those.

1 hour ago, smtwist said:

Thank you everyone! Do the passes have a way to connect the lanyard to them? Or is that a simple ask of guest relations who can punch a hole in them for us?

I know you are a “Disney person” but have you ever been to a Universal? At Universal I wear a lanyard that has a clear plastic pouch. My TA sent me some of these for my Sea pass.

18 hours ago, bhageerah said:

Lanyard here!  I got a handful free at my job and threw them in my book bag with our set sail passes.  When we checked in, I asked the woman checking us in iif she would mind cutting the holes in our room keys and of course she was more than happy to oblige! I have found that this is better that using a wallet/money clip because there is absolutely nothing I need to carry around other than my phone or GoPro  so I can take pictures around the ship.  

Is your pup a goldendoodle ?  My daughter has one.  What a bundle of energy !

Sorry but I am very biased. There is no better breed than a Goldie, IMO.  The only reason Leigh did the goldendoodle is b/c she has terrible allergies and was hoping the hypoallergenic breed would be better for her.  In truth, it has been. No shedding, no dander.  Hers is a hot mess though. She’s such a spaz...but such a sweetie. I miss my Goldie every single day. 

On 4/7/2018 at 11:24 AM, smtwist said:

We always stop at Guest Services as soon as we board. They will punch a hole in it so you can use a lanyard with a clip.  They also sell lanyards with plastic pouches on board (sometimes in the terminal waiting area) and a lot of people use those.  I tend to use a lanyard during the day when walking around the ship, but at night I just carry the card in my pocket since I’m a little more dressed up.  My wife has a casual lanyard for day and a “dressy” lanyard for evening.

11 hours ago, Galveston Steve said:

We always stop at Guest Services as soon as we board. They will punch a hole in it so you can use a lanyard with a clip.  They also sell lanyards with plastic pouches on board (sometimes in the terminal waiting area) and a lot of people use those.  I tend to use a lanyard during the day when walking around the ship, but at night I just carry the card in my pocket since I’m a little more dressed up.  My wife has a casual lanyard for day and a “dressy” lanyard for evening.

I have the lanyard with the plastic sleeve.  This way I can wear it even off the ship and have a place to put in photo ID (drivers license) in there also.