Online checkin

I am traveling with friends next week on anthem. They have decided not to do the online check-in. Anyone have any insight into what the boarding experience is like if you did not do the online check-in? 

I’m assuming that other than not having luggage tags it’s not too big of a deal but I’m not sure. 

I’m sure someone will correct me if I’m wrong as I have no experience..just know the points where I need the documents. 

My understanding is that the process will be longer. They won’t have a set sail pass which is the document you need before you enter the terminal. They’ll need the set sail pass for the porters to make a luggage tag, need it to show security before you enter terminal, etc.  I’m sure there is a process for people who don’t do it but it seems like it will be more of a pain than just doing the online check in. 

7 hours ago, J. Woody said:

Sorry to ask you that the newbie question.  What kind of process of online check in ?  Just log into account and find easily to do that ??  what kind of documents they required ?  just pass port each members ??

Thank you for your help.

You need name, address, birthday, and document (I use passports). 

There is a step for arrival & departure info, emergency contact.

On some ships (Harmony), they'll ask you to upload a picture. I chose not to do this and they took a picture of us at the pier. I figured it would take me longer to take a picture and upload it than for them to do it.

Finally, you can set up the onboard account.  In many of these steps, you can copy the information from the first person.

It only takes a few minutes per person and after that you can print the set sail document.

On 4/5/2018 at 8:39 PM, melski94 said:

I’m sure someone will correct me if I’m wrong as I have no experience..just know the points where I need the documents. 

My understanding is that the process will be longer. They won’t have a set sail pass which is the document you need before you enter the terminal. They’ll need the set sail pass for the porters to make a luggage tag, need it to show security before you enter terminal, etc.  I’m sure there is a process for people who don’t do it but it seems like it will be more of a pain than just doing the online check in. 

Please listen to what @melski94 has said, I can assure you that if they do not go ahead and check in online they are wasting valuable vacation time.  I have not taken one cruise yet where they do not ask for your set sail pass before you even gain entry to the terminal.  I am sure that they do have a way around this, but I can assure you that you will be on the ship and they will still be waiting to board.  Last cruise we went from curbside to onboard on a sold out cruise in less than 15 minutes.  Something so simple to do does not seem worth the aggravation and frustration of not taking the 5 minutes to fill it out.  I can assure you the five minutes not taken at home will cost WAY more than that starting once you get curbside.  

Agree with @bhageerah ... they ask for your Set Sail pass to gain access to the terminal, then they want to see it when Homeland Security checks your passport before passing through security.  They will be holding up the lines at security if they don’t have their Set Sail pass printed ahead of time.