Listed price vs promotional price

"As I was checking out prices for our next cruise I went through the process online and did everything but actually book it. Upon looking at the cost breakdown I noticed an extra $200 had been tagged on to the cruise fare (per person) without any indication as to what it was. Taxes and fees were listed as a different charge so I know it's not that and all promotions had already been listed. I haven't inquired about it with a RCCL representative, but was wondering if anyone else had come across this or could maybe shed some light as to what this extra $200 could be for."

This was my original post. Now I know what I was seeing. Apparently the price per person that is shown on the website already has the promotion price tagged onto it. Does RCCL state this somewhere that I'm just not seeing (price includes promotion)? I assumed that when I went in to book my cruise I would get the promotion on top of the already listed price.

2 hours ago, kandamonk said:

This was my original post. Now I know what I was seeing. Apparently the price per person that is shown on the website already has the promotion price tagged onto it. Does RCCL state this somewhere that I'm just not seeing (price includes promotion)? I assumed that when I went in to book my cruise I would get the promotion on top of the already listed price.

Yes you are right the price shown includes the promotion.  It is listed in the fine print but it is confusing on your first look. It also applies to sales you'll see in your cruise planner (drink package, etc). I was excited to see a BOGO50 on a drink package only to realize the price shown is the promotion price....still was a good deal but not what I was hoping for!

Here is the fine print as shown on the "select room" page:

*Price is per person (unless otherwise specified above), cruise only, reflects any promotional savings, and is subject to change and availability until booked. Non-refundable deposit: Non-refundable deposit booking (“NRDB”) cancelled prior to final payment due date will receive a future cruise credit in the amount of the deposit minus a $100 per person service fee (the “FCC”). FCC is non-transferable and expires after 12-months from issue date. 100USD/100CAD per person service fee applies to changes to NRDB ship or sail date.