Is Cococay often bypassed in November/December?

Jennifer

I am currently booked on Freedom for Nov. 29/15.  The cruise only has three ports, one of which is Cococay.  After doing some reading I see that this port is often missed due to the winter weather/waves.  

I would not be happy with only 2 ports in one week; I am wondering if it really is that common for the cruise line to cancel the cococay stop at this time of year?  I know it's impossible to predict weather, but what are your thoughts?

Thanks

I've never had a port cancelled due to weather in over 20 cruises; however, I have heard of Coco Cay being missed on occasion as are many of the other cruise lines' private islands in the winter. If this is a concern for you, I would consider looking at another ship with a fuller itinerary. For example, the Jewel and Adventure out of San Juan visit a port nearly every day on their itineraries. Also, remember that the Freedom has a lot to do onboard, so you'll have plenty to do even if you miss the island.

I've heard of many issues getting to CocoCay and skipped stops.  The good news (or is it bad news) is it can happen any month of the year.  I don't think any one month is more susceptible to it than another.

I wouldn't necessarily worry about it.  It's a definite possibility you may have to skip CocoCay if the seas are too rough or winds too high, but there's a risk with any port you visit you may not be able to stop there.