Cococay Bungalows

smtwist

Thank you all! It now is listed on the cruise planner but says must book onboard - I'll try calling and see if anything is available.

If not, how likely is it that 4 of us will be able to get 4 loungers (the non-paying ones) together on a decent part of the beach. What happens if we want to go to the bar/lunch? Do we lose the loungers?

On 4/6/2018 at 7:54 PM, smtwist said:

Thank you all! It now is listed on the cruise planner but says must book onboard - I'll try calling and see if anything is available.

If not, how likely is it that 4 of us will be able to get 4 loungers (the non-paying ones) together on a decent part of the beach. What happens if we want to go to the bar/lunch? Do we lose the loungers?

As long as you leave your stuff on the loungers, you'll be fine.  It's harder on CocoCay for the chair hogs as they can't rush out at 6am and start throwing down towels.  They actually have to get on a tender to do that.  LOL  I haven't been to CocoCay in a long time (but will be there next month, yay!) but based on my experience at Labadee if you get off relatively early in the day, and head past the closest beaches you'll have a better shot at four together, as most (inexperienced) people stop as soon as they find chairs, instead of venturing out.

We have a bungalow reserved for our May visit.  They became available around 90 days out, and disappeared a few times.  One person on my roll call on CC had called about a month ago (during a disappeared period) and was told there was only two left; she grabbed one.  They re-appeared a week later and have stayed available on the cruise planner ever since.  So either no one has jumped on that one, or there was more than two left when she called.  Haha.  I know people book and cancel these things at will, so keep checking back.  Every time there is a sale you'll see options change as people reprice.  I got mine during a sale for $209.  Have not seen it that low since, but it gives you something to watch for.  You can always book and then re-book at the lower price if you see it go lower, if you want to grab one and hold onto it. 

• 1 month later...
On 4/20/2018 at 12:30 PM, RobinP said:

Anyone that have recently used the bungalows on CocoCay have any advice on the best bungalows to reserve and why they like them???

We had one on Adventure last week and was told we cannot choose our bungalow, that it will be assigned to us.  Not sure if every ship does it the same way, or if WE didn't get the choice since we were only in a lowly junior suite and not special.  LOL  I honestly do not think there is a bad one.  We were in #31; second row, but they are spaced staggered so you still have a view of the ocean.  Ours was kinda in the middle, so the bar was close, the concierge was close, and the bathrooms were close.