Rank the ships which you have sailed on!

Joe01

For me:

1) Harmony

2) Allure

3) Oasis

4) Independence

5) Explorer

6) Jewel

7) Anthem

8) Serenade

9) Enchantment

What about you? As you can see, I am more of a big ship type of guy. With the exception of old Majesty and little Empress, I have done all classes of ship in the fleet so can provide a relatively balanced perspective.

Very tough to do, as they all have their persona.

1.      Allure

2.      Oasis

3.      Harmony

4.      Anthem

5.     Independence

6.      Freedom

7.      Liberty

8.      Serenade

9.      Radiance

10.   Navigator

11.   Jewel

12.   Brilliance

13.   Adventure

14.   Explorer

15.   Enchantment

16.   Vision

17.   Grandeur

18.   Rhapsody

19.   Majesty

20.  Legend

I don't know if I could do this. For me, what makes a lot of my cruise is the people/experience both on the ship and off. So for example I had a fantastic cruise on Brilliance the first time and  a very different experience the last time so much that I don't even tend to look at cruise options/deals on her any longer. And its not even a conscious thing.

My first cruise stands out as one of my best times and memories but obviously it wasn't based so much on the ship(Monarch) as she was old and to be retired shortly after. Enchantment has been my most frequent cruise ship over the years and enjoyed each time. Indy was great, first time on a "bigger" ship and a promenade, but it was the nightlife on that ship that made it really fun and memorable and with the club now removed for a restaurant I will never set foot it....it kinda disappoints me.

I cant make a list...its too much effort and thinking right now..lol.

Very tough since some of them were years ago and some have multiple sailings but doing my best to recall how I felt about each ship (and mostly the ship, rather than ports, company, etc.) at the time that we took the cruise (wow that's a lot of caveats); I would say:

1. Carnival Vista

2. Disney Dream

3. NCL Escape

4. Freedom of the Seas

5. Liberty of the Seas

6. Navigator of the Seas

7. Independence of the Seas

8. NCL Getaway

9. Jewel of the Seas

10. Disney Magic 

11. Allure of the Seas

12. Grandeur of the Seas

13. Vision of the Seas

14. Enchantment of the Seas

15. Majesty of the Seas

16. Carnival Inspiration

17. Adventure of the Seas

Some thoughts ...

I wouldn't turn down a free cruise on any of them , well except maybe #17 but lets not rehash bad memories.

I would say 1-8 were all pretty close with a small step down at 9 and then a big drop after 16.

Allure was a bad experience for us but most of our issues seem to be atypical with that one so probably judging unfairly, trying Harmony next year but really haven't had any interest in the O class since trying Allure.

In general I lean towards the larger end of the spectrum when talking just about the ship, but some of our best "cruises" have been on the smaller ships where we could tempt other people on board with cheaper prices, shorter commitments, etc.

13 minutes ago, jticarruthers said:

Very tough since some of them were years ago and some have multiple sailings but doing my best to recall how I felt about each ship (and mostly the ship, rather than ports, company, etc.) at the time that we took the cruise (wow that's a lot of caveats); I would say:

1. Carnival Vista

2. Disney Dream

3. NCL Escape

4. Freedom of the Seas

5. Liberty of the Seas

6. Navigator of the Seas

7. Independence of the Seas

8. NCL Getaway

9. Jewel of the Seas

10. Disney Magic 

11. Allure of the Seas

12. Grandeur of the Seas

13. Vision of the Seas

14. Enchantment of the Seas

15. Majesty of the Seas

16. Carnival Inspiration

17. Adventure of the Seas

Some thoughts ...

I wouldn't turn down a free cruise on any of them , well except maybe #17 but lets not rehash bad memories.

I would say 1-8 were all pretty close with a small step down at 9 and then a big drop after 16.

Allure was a bad experience for us but most of our issues seem to be atypical with that one so probably judging unfairly, trying Harmony next year but really haven't had any interest in the O class since trying Allure.

In general I lean towards the larger end of the spectrum when talking just about the ship, but some of our best "cruises" have been on the smaller ships where we could tempt other people on board with cheaper prices, shorter commitments, etc.

What was wrong with the Adventure?

On 4/3/2018 at 8:07 AM, Lindsay said:

I haven't been on any Oasis Class ships (yet) but here are my rankings:

1. Independence 
  2. Liberty 
  3. Adventure
  4. Princess - whatever one this was when I was 13
  5. Holland America 

i love the liberty of the seas!   what an incredible ship.  and right out of texas, too!

Things get really confusing for me in the middle, but I would definitely say:

1) Anthem

2) Allure

Somewhere lower is Harmony- can't get over not having a pool in the solarium....

-------

By far the last was Rhapsody- all it did was creak!!

1. freedom

2. freedom

3. liberty x3

4. independence x2

5. enchantment

6. majesty

7.oasis

8.carnival sunshine 

9. carnival sensation 

it is hard to list them in order of favorite I have been on all of the freedom class several times and totally love them and of all the ones I didn't care for the carny ships take the lead followed by the oasis had a great time on the majesty but got chased into port a day early by a hurricane I am on the brilliance in oct and the adventure in nov I must say the enchantment has a special place in my heart and always will the oasis for me is too crowded from embark to disembark the crew seems to be overworked and cranky elevators for the most part unusable for the crowds of kids with no supervision pushing all the buttons even something as simple as getting a hot dog from the vendor was a 20 minute wait the buffet was choked always no seats and no one divulged the secret second buffet in the adult area didn't find it till the last day of course except for our very fine room attendant and our section chief in the MDR I never got a chance to speak to anyone they were always busy except when I went to customer service and I got to speak to an assistant mgr who was so rude and looked very wore out a ship this size in my humble opinion needs far more crew to assure that the customers have the time they pay for please understand I enjoy every cruise I go on but royal has given me the time of my life so many times that the oasis fiasco stands out to the negative

I'll be the dissenter here and say size isn't everything:

1- Empress

2- Monarch

3- Anthem

Brilliance, Serenade, Navigator, Freedom and Independence are all a toss up for the #4 spot

9- Majesty

10- Enchantment

So what is it about the bigger boats that everyone loves so much?  Is it just the amenities?

1.  Freedom

2.  Serenade

3.  Brilliance

4.  Enchantment

Serenade over Brilliance only because Serenade's Rita's Cantina served food...other than that they were identical as far as I'm concerned.  And really, Enchantment is amazing, absolutely no issues with her for us.

I went on my first cruise in September of 2016 with no major expectations.  I loved the experience and have been getting on board a cruise as often as I can. I haven't had a bad ship yet so even the  last was great.  :)  I do have to say that the Anthem stole my heart.  I loved everything about the ship. I will be sailing on Allure on 5/27/18 so we will see how that changes the stats.  

1.  Anthem

2. NCL Breakaway

3. Adventure

4. Enchantment

Guest toodle68

I agree that it can be hard to rank. First time we went on Majesty it was a great cruise, then we went on her again over a holiday weekend and it was not so great. We have also yet to go on a bigger ship, but decided to give Anthem a try next year. 5 day out of NJ to Bermuda..  of the few ships we have sailed on..

1. Liberty
2. Freedom
3. Adventurer
4. Majesty

Adventurer was a nice ship, but we just love the freedom class of ship. They just feel as big as we want to go.