Should I have a backup cabin when I go to book?

If you are booking as soon as the schedule is released (I am assuming Oct 2019 is your Autumn) you shouldn’t have a problem finding the cabin you want. We normally book a suite and there are usually a choice.

The only cruises I find that sell quickly are the once a year repositioning cruises. E.g. Singapore to Sydney, Hawaii to Sydney etc. I am not sure if Ovation is coming back to Australia / New Zealand in the 2nd half of 2019 as it maybe replaced by Spectrum. All should become clearer next week when the Australian season is released. China will not be released until June.

13 hours ago, F1guynz said:

I am not sure if Ovation is coming back to Australia / New Zealand in the 2nd half of 2019 as it maybe replaced by Spectrum. All should become clearer next week when the Australian season is released. China will not be released until June.

I can't wait until next week for the rest of 2019! I am kind of hoping Spectrum will be on the Aus/NZ cruise I want....but I would be happy with Ovation :14_relaxed:

3 minutes ago, Aeroman380 said:

I can't wait until next week for the rest of 2019! I am kind of hoping Spectrum will be on the Aus/NZ cruise I want....but I would be happy with Ovation :14_relaxed:

I am sure Spectrum will be released separately at some point in the future.

I am not actually which ships will end up in Australia now that Explorer has left. It would seem unlikely to have 2 Quantum ships (Ovation and Spectrum) in the same market.

I think Radiance is certain, maybe Voyager will make a return and Spectrum. It is too hard to work out which ships do not have 2019/2020 itineraries too see who the candidates might be. 

1 hour ago, F1guynz said:

Radiance is certain, maybe Voyager will make a return and Spectrum. It is too hard to work out which ships do not have 2019/2020 itineraries too see who the candidates might be. 

I agree. I somehow think that Spectrum won't be finished by Northern Autumn 2019...just an inkling.

10 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

It never hurts to have an alternate in mind just in case.  This happened to me recently when the Panama Canal itinerary was opened.  Before I could even get the call through the cabin I wanted was already gone.

I love the Panama Canal cruises. I have been on three.