Labadee Adrenaline Beach beds

DC_Cruiser

Hey everyone - 

We are heading to Labadee in a few weeks, and debating what we wanted to partake in while on the island. I have been scouring the boards about what beaches are ideal, closet to activites, which areas have rocky ocean, and so on. Despite everything I have read, we were intrigued in getting a beach bed at adrenaline beach for the day (we originally looked into getting a cabana, but waited too long, and they are now all sold out). For people with experience with the beach beds, did you feel they were worth what was paid for? We did like the extra amenities  (such as the personal attendant, beach loungers, cooler w/ ice, floating mats, etc., as well as the floating ocean bar nearby),  but are worried about the area where the bed is located.  I have heard that the ocean here has very rocky terrain, and makes it very difficult to venture into the ocean without water shoes. Also, since it is the furthest beach from port, is the beach far away from the buffets and things of that nature?

Any information you all can provide would be greatly appreciated. Trying to figure out if this is actually worth it, or if we should just look into a general lounger at Columbus or Nellies. 

Thanks!

We were just in Labadee last week. We walked adrenaline beach and it was too rocky to me for my family. The beach beds are a good walk...just as far as Columbus Cove (10-15 minutes). I thought the beach beds weren’t very close to food but I could be wrong. 

Have you looked at the beach bungalows at Columbus Cove? I’m not sure if they are still available to you but we loved them...has the same amenities as the beach beds minus the floating bar. You can put your lounger in or out of the sun and the attendants kept this area private. Very close to the food. 

Good luck...I thought the entire day at Labadee was so much fun.

Thanks so much for the response.

The distance of the beach doesn't bother us as much, as we have no issue walking it, and could always take the trolley if needed. I am mainly just worried about the accesability of the water. I have even read some posts saying some beaches don't even allow swimming. But I'm assuming that isnt an issue here as they have a floating bar lol. 

We did initially look at the cabanas, but it appears we waited too long to pull the trigger and they are no longer listed on the site. We thought about checking once on board to see if there are any other options, but I'm not sure what our luck will be. 

All in all, the beds look relaxing, and will provide some shade relief in an area that doesn't provide much. Just a little worried about the logistics of that specific beach as it seems as one of the less popular ones. 

Thanks again for your response!

We have visited the Beach Beds on Adrenaline Beach twice and really enjoyed them.  I will agree that the beach is a bit rocky compared to others but as you note, water shoes can help that.

The distance to food was not too big an issue and the proximity to the bar kind of made up for it.

We really feel that in terms of value for the money this was a good deal.  The attendant to get you drinks, cooler full of water on ice, and floating mats mad for a very enjoyable day.

25642723110_ce24db45c7_z_d.jpg