Cruise Planner Question

I booked my first RC cruise today!  I entered the information to log into the cruise planner.  I have 2 questions right now. . 

1) I don't create a login like a user name and password?  I have to always log in using my reservation number?    (I figured this one out! )

2) I was looking at drink packages to see what that pricing as like.  It is not available and says to try onboard the ship.  Is that normal?

TIA!

Woohoo!  1st RC cruise!  Congrats!

If you visit the main web page for Royal Caribbean www.royalcaribbean.com you should see a "LOG IN" link near the top right:

5abc2f1368b3c_rc1.jpeg.0c30b776aa4cb9fa528cdc0030e994e6.jpeg

From there it will bring you to a screen with a link at the create a new account:

rc2.jpeg.09fcf2c4197640bb3d506ba708d1b951.jpeg

From there create an account:

rc3.thumb.jpeg.bf40bcb6ac1bfc8b00b2d722814f208c.jpeg

Fill in all the stuff and create an account by clicking "Done".

Once logged into your new account there should be a link to add a new reservation:

rc4.jpeg.0bf0d15b622eecdef95744266edf8cf1.jpeg

When is your cruise?  You may not be able to shop for some things if they are too far away or very close (less than 3 days).  If not paid in full it can impact ability to book things as well.  Lastly, sometimes it takes the system 24 hours after booking before cruise planner items are bookable.

49 minutes ago, hoofbeats95 said:

I booked my first RC cruise today!  I entered the information to log into the cruise planner.  I have 2 questions right now. . 

1) I don't create a login like a user name and password?  I have to always log in using my reservation number?    (I figured this one out! )

2) I was looking at drink packages to see what that pricing as like.  It is not available and says to try onboard the ship.  Is that normal?

TIA!

You said March 2019 in another post right?  That's way too early for drink packages to show up.  Like @twangster said, it can vary.  In my past experience, dining has come out as early as 170 days out and entertainment about 160 days out.  But again, it can vary greatly by ship and sailing.  There is not predicting it.  You just have to keep checking the cruise planner.

5 minutes ago, hoofbeats95 said:

I thought maybe I was too far out. Thanks for the help! I was curious about the cost of drink packages. Is it possible to "share"?  We don't drink a lot of soda, but I like the option to. 

You are not suppose to share a drink package. That is one of the factors that likely lead to the new rule of each adult in the same cabin having to purchase an alcoholic one (if you decide to purchase).  Actually, if you are caught sharing, they can (so I have heard) take away your package.

Here is a blog by @Matt to the explain the packages:

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/royal-caribbean-beverage-package-costs-info-tips

Look for sales in the cruise planner. That will happen closer to your sail date. Following the postings here too as people and @Matt usually post it when there is a sale going on. But again, it varies by ship and sailing.