Tour of Cinque Terre for Senior with Mobility Issues

cruisinwithnonna

We will be aboard Symphony of the Seas Apr 21-28, 2018.  Does anyone have any suggestions for a tour of Cinque Terra (La Spezia port on Apr 24th) while travelling with a senior who has mobility issues?  She is limited to walking short distances and climbing few steps, but we will be bringing a foldable lightweight wheel chair for easy transport.  We are concerned about rugged terrain and numerous steps to climb in some of the small villages of Cinque Terre.  Greatly appreciate your suggestions.  

On 3/28/2018 at 2:14 AM, cruisinwithnonna said:

We will be aboard Symphony of the Seas Apr 21-28, 2018.  Does anyone have any suggestions for a tour of Cinque Terra (La Spezia port on Apr 24th) while travelling with a senior who has mobility issues?  She is limited to walking short distances and climbing few steps, but we will be bringing a foldable lightweight wheel chair for easy transport.  We are concerned about rugged terrain and numerous steps to climb in some of the small villages of Cinque Terre.  Greatly appreciate your suggestions.  

I'm not as hindered as your friend seems to be, but I am in my mid 60's and somewhat limited to the elements. You should watch Rick Steeves on You Tube,  on the Cinque. It's quite hilly and a lot of steep walking. We chose the Portofino, Rapallo tour, as it would be less strenuous for us. Check it out on You Tube. 

Hi Joe, thank you so much for your advice.  We are thinking about taking a tour to Portofino instead of Cinque Terre as it appears to be more manageable for my mother in law.  I was wondering if you could share with me the details of the Portofino, Rapallo tour that you chose.  Will you also be on the same cruise as ours? Thanks.