Will the Deluxe Beverage Package work on wine dispensers in Vintages?

Patta_Conna

I have recently found out (maybe i'm tooo slow) that there are vending machine-like dispensers for wine in Vintages!

Simply tap or swipe your SeaPass card on the dispensers and they will dispense the wine accordingly and in various volume like 2 oz or 5 oz.

2 oz is usually for wine tasting and 5 oz is usually for a full glass. The prices are usually like $6.00 for 2oz and $13.00 for 5oz, something like that. As we know Deluxe Beverage Package (DBP) covers drinks up to $12.00, are we allowed to utilize our package and dispense the same wine twice ($6.00 x 2) to get somewhat a full glass of wine instead of choosing the 5oz option and pay for that extra $1.00?

Or they will not even allow you dispense the 2oz option and force you to get the 5oz option since you have the DBP and they know it is a way for you to get around and avoid paying the extra $1.00 for the $13.00 wine.

I've seen 5oz wine selling for $15.00 to $20++ but the 2oz options are usually still within the $12.00 limit.

Anyone has experience on this? Thanks!

3342abf646fbc5ed727c71ef17245ffa.jpg

On the Harmony in November, we were told we could not use the deluxe drink package benefit at all on the wine dispensers.

I love the wine dispenser idea but the selection on the Harmony was skewed to higher end wines that will set you back more than $12 a glass! If I recall correctly, they even had a wine that was $100 for 1oz (Gaja I believe it was called).  

I have heard both stories.  I have heard the package does NOT work at Vintages vending taps and I have heard that it does.  I think it really depends on the ship.

I know that you CAN get wine from the vending taps if you are Star Class but I don't know if there is a special rule in place for SC or if it is just ship-specific.  All of my SC cruises have been on Harmony.

@ABFrenchie @Matt @WAAAYTOOO That's sad to hear that they do not allow drinks package to work on wine dispenser. The drinks package should work for any drinks (under $12.00 of course) in all their proprietary bars and restaurants..... Even if it is the wine dispenser.... Or else it is not truly a "unlimited" drinks package.... I mean, it works for Bionic Bar too.....

I was still thinking if i should take up the wine tasting class onboard... But i guess with my drink package, i could research and teach myself more about wines with all the "materials" i need and do not need to go for the actual class :4_joy:

Or else it is not truly a "unlimited" drinks package....

Ah, but see, they don't claim it is truly an unlimited package.

OUR DELUXE
BEVERAGE PACKAGES 

Toast to virtually unlimited options with cocktails, beer, wine, non-alcoholic beverages, premium coffee, tea, and bottled water* – plus a 40% discount on bottles of wine under $100 and 20% off bottles above $100.

They are very careful not to suggest it includes everything or is completely unlimited.