Solarium on Voyager Class have a roof?

Hi Guys

I've been looking all over the internet and keep finding a different answer so i thought I'd ask the experts.

Does the Solarium on the voyager class (specifically the Voyager) have a roof over it like the Oasis and Radiance class ships?

I'm reluctant to book a New Zealand cruise without one, it made all the difference on our last cruise.

Thanks

Luke.

No roof on the Voyager or Freedom classes, although much of the seating area is under the deck above. The Radiance and Vision class have solariums with retractable roofs.  On my two time on the Jewel they roof has always been closed.  I don't know if they ever open them.

The Oasis class has a paritally covered solarium.  There are sections of glass that are there mostly to deflect the wind I believe.

No roof on the Voyager or Freedom classes, although much of the seating area is under the deck above. The Radiance and Vision class have solariums with retractable roofs.  On my two time on the Jewel they roof has always been closed.  I don't know if they ever open them.

The Oasis class has a paritally covered solarium.  There are sections of glass that are there mostly to deflect the wind I believe.

Thanks everyone. Thats what I thought. Somebody should tell RCCL to change it on the website as it clearly states Voyager class ships have a retractable roof which is what confused me!

Luke

It makes sense that Quantum has a roof over the solarium given that it was planned from the start to sail out of NYC.  I don't think that RCI ever considered that the Voyager or Freedom classes would be sailing out of NYC in the winter like they are now.

I remember there was talk when the details of the Quantum started coming out that is was designed for cold weather itineraries.  I assume the indoor pools on the the Quantum as well as the Vision and Radiance class ships have the ability to be heated, otherwise there would be no swimming on an Alaskan itinerary.  I have never experienced a heated pool on any of our cruises.  When we sailed the west coast the water in the pool the first and last days was cold.  You could tell they just pumped it straight in from the ocean.

In regrads to opening the Solarium roof,  I do not think they ever open the Solariums on the retractable roof ships.  We just left the Jewel on a Southern Itinerary and if there was ever a time to have it open that was it.  80+ and sunny every day with just few sprinkles one morning.

Most of the cruises I've been on, the pools have been heated.  The most notable were on Disney where they were heated to somewhere between 81 and 83 degrees, which was needed during our January sailing out of California.  I've also found heated pools on both Carnival and Holland America on cooler itineraries (e.g., Alaska and New England/Canada).  It is probably less likely to find them heated on Caribbean itineraries.  And in all honesty, I don't remember ever using the pools on a Royal ship.