Lobsters, Iguanas, and Snorkeling excursion in Roatan

LadyDawg

Was looking at the excursion offered by RC for snorkeling at Lobster City, seeing the Iguanas, and spending some time at Big French Key Beach Club.  Does anyone know anything about this excursion?  Is the snorkeling any good?  How deep is it?  I am not finding many reviews.

1 hour ago, LadyDawg said:

@DocLC - thanks for the info.  So you felt the excursion was worthwhile?  Cool pics :) 

Yeah, we had a good time, although it wasn't so memorable that I remembered anything more than the snorkeling until you posted your question. The snorkeling wasn't great, but it was good for my son since it wasn't very deep and thus not scary. The iguanas were pretty cool, too. The beach club was fine, just not something that I'm into. I think it was worthwhile, though, given the limited choices in Honduras.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just an update.  My family did do this excursion and wanted to share.  @DocLC is correct - it is not very deep and I would have liked it to be deeper but it was good for 2 in our group which had never snorkeled before and liked that they could stand up when they needed to.  Did see some different wildlife which was neat.  My family really liked the seeing the Iguanas and petting them.

Sea Cucumber.jpg

Snorkeling_-_blue_fish.jpg

Snorkeling_-_Lobster.jpg

Snorkeling - School of fish 2.jpg

Snorkeling_-_Squid_3.jpg

• 5 years later...