Hilton Ft. Lauderdale Marina

tx2tn

We are new to cruising and new to Royal Caribbean and the Cruise Port at Ft. Lauderdale. We will be leaving on the Oasis of the Seas on September 19th for a 7 night trip. We plan to fly into FL a day or two early. We are contemplating staying at the Hilton Ft. Lauderdale Marina. Does anyone have any experience with this Hotel? If so, how easy is it to get from the hotel to the cruise port? What is located in and around the hotel?

Thanks

I'm surprised the TripAdvisor reviews are only so-so for a Hilton resort.  

The hotel in Fort Lauderdale I always hear good things about for people taking a cruise is the Embassy Suites. It's good and right at the port.  The other good one is the Holiday Inn, which has park and shuttle included.

We stayed at the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina two years ago. I booked through Hotwire in an attempt to save some money. I'm not likely to do that again as I didn't have enough control over the reservation.

We got a first floor room adjacent to their pool area. We wanted double beds, but we got a queen bed and a rollaway cot instead.

I was surprised that the hotel room had tile for the flooring instead of carpet.

Really Like Embassy Suites a lot - right down from a Total Wine shop too! 

They have a cruise shuttle as well for about $7 per person - you can buy

right on the spot

There is also a Holiday Inn Express right there as well which is a less expensive

choice -

Hilton Marina I think is fine as a last minute hotel.

If you are looking for a boutique experience, not cheap, but worth the money

try THE PILLARS.  sits on the inter-coastal and the owners are lovely and

the food their is great!

Good choice on the Embassy Suites. Also, I stayed at the Hilton Marina when I cruised back in May. It was a quick commute to Port Everglades and was also within walking distance of many restaurants and even a Walgreen's in case you need some last minute items before the cruise.

I recently stayed at the Sonesta Ft. Lauderdale when I cruised on the AOS a couple of weeks ago. Its further down the strip than other hotels but they had a (paid) SUV shuttle service to take us to the port and the accommodations were nice.