Wine Tasting

Courtd

Hi,

Does anyone know if they have several times they do the wine tastings. I went to sign up for it but on the website they did not have any times listed. Can you find out the times ahead of time or is it better to sign up the day of?

Thanks,

Courtney

57 minutes ago, Courtd said:

Hi,

Does anyone know if they have several times they do the wine tastings. I went to sign up for it but on the website they did not have any times listed. Can you find out the times ahead of time or is it better to sign up the day of?

Thanks,

Courtney

I have never done these but I have seen them appear on the Cruise planner before. 

I have a Wines Around the World tasting that I can pre-book for an upcoming cruise.  It's held in the dining room and there is food samples that are paired with the wines.  Try looking under Entertainment in your Cruise Planner.  Mine did not show up until about 90 days before sailing. 

5 hours ago, KathyC said:

I have a Wines Around the World tasting that I can pre-book for an upcoming cruise.  It's held in the dining room and there is food samples that are paired with the wines.  Try looking under Entertainment in your Cruise Planner.  Mine did not show up until about 90 days before sailing. 

That's the one I was looking at. I don't see the day the tasting will be offered. I don't want to register if it is offered during a port day but I would love to sign up if it offered on a cruising day.

11 hours ago, Courtd said:

That's the one I was looking at. I don't see the day the tasting will be offered. I don't want to register if it is offered during a port day but I would love to sign up if it offered on a cruising day.

Our experience has been that wine tastings are on sea days. We almost always add this when it becomes available in the Cruise Planner.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

It depends. Often if it sells out on the planner you can check onboard and they will add dates/times. If your ship has a Vintages, ask there. If not, ask in the MDR and they'll direct you to whichever sommelier is hosting and you can ask.

Or sometimes they don't offer one at all, if the demographics and/or cruise itinerary don't favor having one.