Food at Playa Mia

wishingdiane

There is a variety and even my very picky 6 year old eats there...everything from chicken nuggets to nachos to fish.  I don't remember exactly as we didn't eat the buffet the last time we were there. Quality is not great but its fine.  I think it is better if you get there early rather than waiting until later. 

It's a mediocre buffet. It's not good, but it's not bad either. There's better food to be had at places like Mr. Sanchos, but it all comes down to what's important to you. While I enjoyed Playa Mia and they seem to have a nice water park, I prefer other places that serve from an a la carte menu and don't sell through the cruise lines as they tend to be less crowded overall.

@DocLC Can you speak more to the experience at Playa Mia?  I considered going there, but my concern is it is advertised everywhere in the port area and around town.  It gave me concern that it is super-crowded, and/or a bit of a tourist trap. Would love to hear your thoughts.

Just now, Matt said:

@DocLC Can you speak more to the experience at Playa Mia?  I considered going there, but my concern is it is advertised everywhere in the port area and around town.  It gave me concern that it is super-crowded, and/or a bit of a tourist trap. Would love to hear your thoughts.

It was fine overall, but we went their on a RC excursion for their cooking class. The facilities were nice, but crowded. Nearly every cruise line I know of has an excursion agreement with Playa Mia. I thought the drinks were good, but the buffet food was just okay. The water park for kids is an added bonus, but I think you get more value and less crowds at the other beach clubs like Mr. Sanchos.

While I really enjoyed the cooking class there, I liked Mr. Sanchos better as it was simply less crowded.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/26/2018 at 1:12 PM, DocLC said:

It was fine overall, but we went their on a RC excursion for their cooking class. The facilities were nice, but crowded. Nearly every cruise line I know of has an excursion agreement with Playa Mia. I thought the drinks were good, but the buffet food was just okay. The water park for kids is an added bonus, but I think you get more value and less crowds at the other beach clubs like Mr. Sanchos.

While I really enjoyed the cooking class there, I liked Mr. Sanchos better as it was simply less crowded.

We’ve been there twice. Once for the cooking school which was loads of fun. The last time was with the grandkids. The water park was a hit with the older ones and the food was okay.  The drinks were good and the beach wasn’t too crowded. We like the pool the best (we’ll Nana and the smaller grands ?)

• 2 months later...

The cooking class here is really fabulous.  Truly.  I was surprised at how great it was.  And, of course, you won't eat at the buffet because you eat what you cook - and what you cook is very, very good.  You have a couple hours afterwards to hang out at the beach.  I don't remember the beach being all that spectacular, but I do remember the cooking class and I'd definitely do it again.  In fact, I got the recipes and made the dishes when I got home.  Except I couldn't find chocolate that good anywhere in the U.S.