Not liking Royals webpage layout

Steve L

Went to visit my Crown and Anchor page after a three week hiatus and it seems Royal has changed the layout. I can't really get much info from it as I used to. Maybe another one of their glitches? I can't see the countdown to cruise date and all other bits of info that I'm used to seeing. Others have this same problem or is my computer playing games with me?

Should also note they've been working to fix all of the issues -- on day one you couldn't even log in! But progress is ridiculously slow and none of us with a background in IT and large-scale application development and deployment can figure out for our lives why they didn't just roll it back, fix what needed fixing, and re-do the push a month later.

18 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

It's not just you. Royal "upgraded" their web site two weeks ago, maybe three now, and there's been nothing but universal hatred of it since then. Half the functionality we used to have isn't working, and the other half doesn't work the same as it used to.

Yeah so I'm glad it's not just me and  my computer...the old Crown and Anchor page was not flashy by any means but I could find all the info I needed and knew where to look. Now this page is an embarrassment and should never have been released until it was deemed "better" than the original which it is clearly not.

2 hours ago, JLMoran said:

Should also note they've been working to fix all of the issues -- on day one you couldn't even log in! But progress is ridiculously slow and none of us with a background in IT and large-scale application development and deployment can figure out for our lives why they didn't just roll it back, fix what needed fixing, and re-do the push a month later.

I guarantee you that they merged, migrated and restructured databases on the back end and there's no practical way to walk it all back to the old data structures while preserving everything that has been booked or changed since the rollout.  So it's damn the torpedoes, full steam ahead.

4 hours ago, Orange Crush said:

I guarantee you that they merged, migrated and restructured databases on the back end and there's no practical way to walk it all back to the old data structures while preserving everything that has been booked or changed since the rollout.  So it's damn the torpedoes, full steam ahead.

Ya at this point it's too late. It was when they crashed it at the beginning when people couldn't even book that we wonder why they didn't roll back fix and rerelease. They could have used a patch to use the new databases but on the old system. There is bad code somewhere they just need to find it. That or they need better hardware if that's the cause (which I doubt).

With multiple cruises booked I'm liking the new layout. 

Now I can access each cruise planner directly and it tells me which cruise is which.  Before all there was under "My Cruises" was a series of reservation numbers and I had no idea which number was which ship or sail date. 

It took some time to get here but now we are here it works fine for me and I am not sure I would go back if given the choice.

I like it a bit better too for the same reasons @twangster said but there is still two things I can't figure out:

1) What is this C&A page that everyone is talking about?  On the new site, my C&A status just shows up on the top right along with my level and that's it. It's not anything I can click on. And then under cruises it shows past cruises and the points accumulated. Is that what everyone else has or am I still missing a link?

2) I still don't know what happened to the "upgrade/gift preferences" section? Anyone know?

1 minute ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I like it a bit better too for the same reasons @twangster said but there is still two things I can't figure out:

1) What is this C&A page that everyone is talking about?  On the new site, my C&A status just shows up on the top right along with my level and that's it. It's not anything I can click on. And then under cruises it shows past cruises and the points accumulated. Is that what everyone else has or am I still missing a link?

2) I still don't know what happened to the "upgrade/gift preferences" section? Anyone know?

I haven't figured #2 yet.  Turning D+ next cruise so this is 'sort of important' to me.  Not so important I'll rant and rave if I can't set my D+ preferences online the day I'm there.  Heck I'll just call them.  The long lost art of a phone call...

On 3/23/2018 at 7:22 PM, KAA said:

They don’t even answer the email that they set up for C&A help! Or maybe everyone is just emailing them that much that they haven’t gotten back to me since Bayley responded!

I have called and emailed multiple times. Email does not respond, and when calling the reps are surprised when I tell them there's a problem. Poor roll out. 

I can remember having a conversation with my Royal vacation planner a year before the role out of this horror and he had only one answer we are aware of the problem and working to correct it every time I went to go back to the main page from the vacation planner I would get bad request and that would cause even he could not change anything till a period of time passed if I went to check cruise prices on different sailings bad request ugh! I asked him then couldn't Royal afford to hire some it people that knew what they were doing.Iwas told these are the best in the business bullfeathers I told him. I am not IT but I can tell when there is a problem and my company always worked on single line accountability and as a previous manager in a large company I hate missed opportunities when a potential customer gets frustrated with your main method of promoting the product you are offering and goes somewhere else that is a missed opportunity and kills your bottom line my belief is they should stop nickel and diming stop spending so much time coming up with throwing ideas at the wall to see if they stick foolishness and put all there efforts into what needs to work flawlessly everytime .I love to shop and would spend time everyday looking for new deals in cruises even with the terrible but somewhat functional old web site but now that the new rube Goldberg version is out there and from the comments I keep hearing that it is mostly fixed only a small number of people are experiencing difficulty send us the things you find malfunctioning I have not been able to complete any shopping on the Royal site I say trash the entire site and start over again with fresh minds skilled minds say oops and call it a day