Christmas decor or events?

CJ1975

Yes, the ship will be decorated by then.  We were on Allure this past Thanksgiving and they were setting up all the decorations on that sailing.  So by mid-December they will definitely have everything up.

Santa himself only makes an appearance on Christmas Day so I wouldn't expect to see him.  I don't think there will be any special Christmas shows the week before but there might be something Christmas-themed in the Theater.  I don't know.  I have only cruised Christmas week before.  Even then there isn't much, really.  Just lots of lovely decorations.

On the Majesty the show performers sang Christmas Carols in the promenade one night, but this was the actual week of Christmas.  They also did a short show in the main theater with various other performers doing Christmas music on Christmas Eve.  Not sure if they'd do that for the weeks leading up to Christmas though.

I've been on a few Christmas/New Years cruises! It's not going to be the same as being home for Christmas, but they do really go all out. I am speaking more from an adult perspective, so there was definitely big trees on every ship, but I think different ships do different things. I have seen cookie decorating, getting presents from Santa, plenty of activities. However, we are mostly taking in the sun and the nice weather being from New England :) 

I think the ship has a good balance of decorations.  We have been on five different class ships during in the time frame of Nov to Dec and all of the ships had at least:

• garland in on the balcony railing in the main dinning rooms
  • garland hanging from the top of the elevator areas to the bottom main deck, usually deck five.
  • Gingerbread house 
  • At least one Christmas tree
  • Christmas Cookies 
  • And sometimes a banner for Hanukkah