Maya Chan- Have a lot of you been?

Boston Babe

29 minutes ago, Boston Babe said:

Looking to book Maya Chan in Costa Maya. It looks like it's perfect for us! Any reviews or observations? Thank you!

I *think* @Matt is there today.  He was in Cozumel yesterday and his Rhapsody Pre-Cruise Blog stated they were doing Maya Chan in Costa Maya.

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2018/03/13/live-blogging-rhapsody-of-the-seas-preamble

3 minutes ago, Boston Babe said:

OH Thanks @twangster, I just saw his itinerary. I thought he was in Belize and didn't realize he was also going to Costa Maya. Is he going there that you know of or we have to wait and see? LOL

I think you are right, last night on his scope he said Belize today and tomorrow he is in Costa Maya.  If I recall on one of boarding day scopes he mentioned an email mix up with Maya Chan but I think he still plans on going there.

I went last year in October, the only issue was the road we had to go on to get to the beach, we had been there after they had just had a large amount of rain and the road was really washed out, so it was like taking a taxi down a goat trail.

With that said, the facility and the people that own/run/manage the place are awesome, the best service and food we have had in a long time.

Just ask them if the road has been fixed, the owner usually has a comment someplace on the web page about the road, it hard for him to get the local government to keep it maintained.

22 minutes ago, tiny260 said:

Just ask them if the road has been fixed, the owner usually has a comment someplace on the web page about the road, it hard for him to get the local government to keep it maintained

@tiny260 so funny you mentioned that, I was on there website earlier and it said to follow them on Facebook, so I clicked over to FB and they posted on March 19th that the road was finally paved!! I am for sure going to book it, sounds like a really nice group of owners and their staff! Thanks so much! @twangster, I'll check his blog out. That's awesome if he is going  there! Have you been there?

4 minutes ago, Boston Babe said:

@tiny260 so funny you mentioned that, I was on there website earlier and it said to follow them on Facebook, so I clicked over to FB and they posted on March 19th that the road was finally paved!! I am for sure going to book it, sounds like a really nice group of owners and their staff! Thanks so much! @twangster, I'll check his blog out. That's awesome if he is going  there! Have you been there?

That will be awesome, I'm not pron to motion sickness but the ride in October was so bad I almost got sick.

46 minutes ago, Sabrinaklai said:

Only a bot would have a pic from the photo vault about something as random as a steamer!

and the fact remains, does anyone know what @twangster real name is?? Hmmm, and notice no pictures ever of him (or could it be a HER!!) LOL. I'm telling you, it's witness protection, just sayin!!

We've been twice to Maya Chan! We were just there last week. Yes - the potholes were filled in. We saw the piles of dirt and had to maneuver around them on our way to and from. Here are some pictures. There was some seaweed (they were constantly raking) but the atmosphere and fantastic hospitality outweighs a little seaweed! We were getting drinks brought out to us in the water! 

meatmaya.jpg

nappingatmaya_LI.jpg

sandmeatmaya.jpg

22 minutes ago, twangster said:

Matt just scoped his arrival to the pier in Costa Maya and he confirmed it's Maya Chan today.  I'm sure he blog it on the page and will probably post it tonight in the evening hours.

I just saw that, (at least they were "trying to dock" LOL! Following!