Cabin upgrade email

Suzanne

Yesterday we got an email from RCCL saying we could be eligible for an upgrade to a balcony cabin on our May 5th Adventure of the Seas sailing .

The cost was $100.... My question being, has anyone else ever gotten this? Did they actually get the upgrade? We have cruised 7 times with RCCL and this is the first time we've gotten this.  Just curious, I'd be happy with either cabin.

5 minutes ago, Suzanne said:

Yesterday we got an email from RCCL saying we could be eligible for an upgrade to a balcony cabin on our May 5th Adventure of the Seas sailing .

The cost was $100.... My question being, has anyone else ever gotten this? Did they actually get the upgrade? We have cruised 7 times with RCCL and this is the first time we've gotten this.  Just curious, I'd be happy with either cabin.

Upsell fairy!  Awesome!  She never visits me but for $100 why not? :12_slight_smile:

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

This is what I have been hearing about on that "other" site.  Waiting lists for upgrades.

Hopefully this won't happen to you, Suzanne, but the comments I have been reading say that very few people are actually getting calls to upgrade.  I will keep my fingers crossed for you, too !

I read that too on the "other" site!

The cynic in me is now wondering if it is a ploy to counter those of us who look for that 45-60 day price drop window.  Basically, if they already knew ahead of time that they have a bunch of people willing to upgrade then they would not feel as pressured to lower their price at that window??  Pure speculation on my part here.

35 minutes ago, Sabrinaklai said:

I read that too on the "other" site!

The cynic in me is now wondering if it is a ploy to counter those of us who look for that 45-60 day price drop window.  Basically, if they already knew ahead of time that they have a bunch of people willing to upgrade then they would not feel as pressured to lower their price at that window??  Pure speculation on my part here.

Makes sense.

• 4 weeks later...

I'd bet my upgrade on a few reasons most are thinking they aren't getting a call from the upgrade fairy...A. The number RCL calls from comes up as 'blocked' on caller ID. B. The contact number in the reservation for the guest is incorrect/old/not in service. C. The upgrade fairy doesn't leave a voicemail. Happy sailing! :27_sunglasses:

We got an amazing surprise call from our TA when we cruised on Quantum in 2015.  The actual upgrade fairy paid a visit!  RCCL called the TA to offer us an extra balcony room at no charge.  We had four of us in one balcony room, so they offered us two connecting balconies that held two each at no additional cost.  So the kids had one room and we had the other, we opened the balcony divider and it was AMAZING.  Swore we'd never sail with the four of us in one cabin again.  So what have we done?  We have four of us in a junior suite on our next cruise, then we're doing for in a balcony next year for the Anthem group cruise.  We're soooo not going to like it!  LOL 

• 3 weeks later...