Traveling with Friends - their first cruise

My wife and I are platinum members and have a vacation next week on Navigator of the Seas. Her sister and husband are traveling with us, first time cruising. Although we didn't book at the same time, we did have our reservations linked. Will they be able to enjoy the Platinum check in process with us? I'm mainly concerned about them being in our shorter line as opposed to the long lines for first time cruisers.

Another thing is that sometimes the "new cruisers" line is actually shorter than any of the C&A lines, depending on when you arrive. So even if they can't board with you, it's entirely possible they'll be on the ship before you!

? "I'll take the newbie line, and you'll take the Diamond line, and I'll be on board the ship befoooore you!" ?

1 minute ago, JLMoran said:

Another thing is that sometimes the "new cruisers" line is actually shorter than any of the C&A lines, depending on when you arrive. So even if they can't board with you, it's entirely possible they'll be on the ship before you!

? "I'll take the newbie line, and you'll take the Diamond line, and I'll be on board the ship befoooore you!" ?

hahaha didn't even think of that!

1 hour ago, JLMoran said:

This is exactly what happened to me last October in FLL, I'm a Diamond, but there were several large groups in the Diamond line and no one in the regular line, I went to the regular line...

Guest toodle68
2 hours ago, cakerins said:

It's odd that I'm getting different answers. I talked to a RC Rep on the phone and they told me they would have to board separately. So bizarre.

There is only one official answer and that is no, they have to board separately.. but they do not tend to check everyone's card so it really will depend on the port and the person allowing people through.  When everything is flowing, I don't think they are too particular, but when we had a back up in Dec, they looked closely at the first couple of groups to ensure the riff-raff was not mixing with the diamond and grand suite people :) 

I have seen it both ways.  One time they said our newby son and wife could join us in line.  Other times, we were told no for some friends.  We will jump in what ever line is the shortest even though we are Diamond.  But we always wait for them before getting on the ship...So we can get on together.  

We will be on the ship with you next week...Can’t wait to get back to the ABC Islands ? 

I will be going on my first cruise on Symphony of the Seas, I watched a video on YouTube that said we would use an app and face recognition.  I am not anxious I will be in the wrong line... Is it obvious which line I will need to be in?  I didn't have any idea there were so many levels earned..

1 hour ago, Diane.M said:

I will be going on my first cruise on Symphony of the Seas, I watched a video on YouTube that said we would use an app and face recognition.  I am not anxious I will be in the wrong line... Is it obvious which line I will need to be in?  I didn't have any idea there were so many levels earned..

No need to be nervous. If you accidentally get into the wrong line someone will help you.  They are very gracious. 

9 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

No need to be nervous. If you accidentally get into the wrong line someone will help you.  They are very gracious. 

Thank you.  It will be a great experience! If we enjoy it as much as i think we will, we be going on a cruise yearly at least. You have been on quite a few!  How did you enjoy the Harmony?  

16 hours ago, Psycho and Barb said:

I have seen it both ways.  One time they said our newby son and wife could join us in line.  Other times, we were told no for some friends.  We will jump in what ever line is the shortest even though we are Diamond.  But we always wait for them before getting on the ship...So we can get on together.  

We will be on the ship with you next week...Can’t wait to get back to the ABC Islands ? 

How cool is that! 

FYI: I asked RCCL if they give referral bonuses a couple months ago and was told that if you're sailing with first-time cruisers, you can receive "Refer A Friend OBC"!

Not sure how much OBC you get since I was, unfortunately, not sailing with the people I have referred.

8F69AF0B-2848-4CE0-A0FB-776FDDDCB3CB.jpeg

21 minutes ago, SPS said:

FYI: I asked RCCL if they give referral bonuses a couple months ago and was told that if you're sailing with first-time cruisers, you can receive "Refer A Friend OBC"!

Not sure how much OBC you get since I was, unfortunately, not sailing with the people I have referred.

8F69AF0B-2848-4CE0-A0FB-776FDDDCB3CB.jpeg

We did, it wa $25

3 hours ago, Diane.M said:

Thank you.  It will be a great experience! If we enjoy it as much as i think we will, we be going on a cruise yearly at least. You have been on quite a few!  How did you enjoy the Harmony?  

Harmony is wonderful.  It is my favorite ship, really.  So much to do....especially for those who enjoy the water slides and flow rider, etc.  We don't do any of those things but I still  like having all of those activities on board.  Love all of the restaurants  (except for Wonderland).  You will have SOOOO much fun.

21 hours ago, toodle68 said:

There is only one official answer and that is no, they have to board separately.. but they do not tend to check everyone's card so it really will depend on the port and the person allowing people through.  When everything is flowing, I don't think they are too particular, but when we had a back up in Dec, they looked closely at the first couple of groups to ensure the riff-raff was not mixing with the diamond and grand suite people :) 

Riff-Raff?  You just made me spit out my coffee ..... lol

images.jpg

3 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Harmony is wonderful.  It is my favorite ship, really.  So much to do....especially for those who enjoy the water slides and flow rider, etc.  We don't do any of those things but I still  like having all of those activities on board.  Love all of the restaurants  (except for Wonderland).  You will have SOOOO much fun.

Oh good!  I was afraid you were going to say to Big you hated it. LOL. After I typed it I saw you go on smaller ships a lot. Symphony is supposed to be almost identical to harmony.  A little bigger.  I have to take deep breaths and relax because I can’t do anything right now.  

6 minutes ago, tiny260 said:

Hundred bucks if you name the movie?

Who else used to take an umbrella into a movie theater...

I actually would get dressed up as him and perform with friends at the front of the theater.......Of Course, that was a million years ago.

13 minutes ago, tiny260 said:

Hundred bucks if you name the movie?

Who else used to take an umbrella into a movie theater...

True story:

I'm dating the woman who would become my wife, we've been together maybe a couple of months and I'm over at her parents for dinner. I'll be meeting her sister and brother-in-law for the first time. I get there ahead of the sister and BIL, sit down and visit with her parents for a bit.

The doorbell rings, future MIL goes down and I hear the following:

"Hello Ed. You're wet!"

(pause)

"It's... raining."

I immediately holler out, "Rocky Horror Picture Show!"

Years later, my now-BIL reveals that he knew from that moment we would get along absolutely swimmingly (which we have, and still do).