Redeeming Central Park Balcony Dining Perks on Allure

37 minutes ago, DunkelBierJay said:

I understand that Central Park Balcony bookings on Allure get you a Giovanni's or other specialty restaurant lunch perk for 2 per stateroom. Does anyone know if this is available on embarkation day with the SeaPass card? Are SeaPass cards issued at check-in, or are they placed in staterooms?

I don't know about the CP perks but I believe the seapass cards are issued at check in still on Allure.

Seapass cards show up in the staterooms around 1pm.  You can pre-print a paper set-sail pass at home to use before you get to your room, or they'll print you one at the port before you board.  I didn't try to use a free lunch perk (had an ocean balcony, not CP), but the drink package worked fine on the temporary pass and I set up all my specialty bookings with just my name and room number.  I highly doubt you'll have a problem using your lunch credit before getting your physical cards.  They should be able to see it in the system when they look you up.

We sailed on Allure over Thanksgiving last year and Giovanni's was open on embark day.  We will be on next month, again.

I would think that they would LOVE for you to use your booking perk for lunch.  I'm sure it would save them money as the lunch menu is somewhat smaller than the dinner menu.  I think it is a GOOD idea though.  I may do this myself !  I don't have the CP perk but lunch at Giovanni's on boarding day sounds really good.  The last couple of times we have gone to Sabor but I have been consistently disappointed in Sabor on the O class.  I really am NOT a fan of Jaimie's so maybe we will go and enjoy Giovanni's.  Great idea !