Voom Multiple Devices

Mike S

I've read a ton of conflicting posts on this forum about how it works if you buy a multi-device plan and want to get some clarification:

Let's say I buy a 4 device plan for 5 people, and 4 devices are currently connected. Person 5 wants to connect. Can person 5 just log in and it will "boot" someone off? Or does 1 of the current 4 have to log off first before person 5 can log in?

Thanks!!!

The first case you gave -- one of the existing four will be booted off as soon as the fifth signs on. Which one of the four is the question. I would guess it's whichever one logged on first (oldest login), but others here with more experience than my "none" could give a better answer on that part.

Just now, Orange Crush said:

When you get a 4-device package, do they give you 4 unique codes, or is it the same code for all 4?

It's four codes IIRC. Which actually answers the question of which device gets booted -- the one that used the same code as the new device login.

4 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

The first case you gave -- one of the existing four will be booted off as soon as the fifth signs on. Which one of the four is the question. I would guess it's whichever one logged on first (oldest login), but others here with more experience than my "none" could give a better answer on that part.

3 minutes ago, Orange Crush said:

When you get a 4-device package, do they give you 4 unique codes, or is it the same code for all 4?

When you buy a 4 device plan a max of 4 devices can be on at time, you share 1 code.  If a 5th tried to log on, you will get the message that too many devices are logged in and you cannot connect at this time.  At least that's how it was recently on Anthem.

2 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

Are you 100% sure? I only ask because I have seen others, including Matt, say one has to log off first before another can log on.

1 minute ago, Sabrinaklai said:

When you buy a 4 device plan a max of 4 devices can be on at time, you share 1 code.  If a 5th tried to log on, you will get the message that too many devices are logged in and you cannot connect at this time.  

Interesting. I'd swear I had read on here a few times that it's distinct codes. But seeing as you literally were on the ship just a few days ago, I'm going to wisely defer to the voice of immediate experience. :3_grin:

Just now, tiny260 said:

2 package was 1 code for 2 devices.

I'm not disagreeing with @JLMoran, but I think the 5th person would be blocked until someone logs off, could be either or though.

Yeah, @tiny260, based on @Sabrinaklai's response that's definitely the way of it.

I clearly need a memory upgrade. Mine just isn't working like it used to! :13_upside_down:

1 minute ago, JLMoran said:

Interesting. I'd swear I had read on here a few times that it's distinct codes. But seeing as you literally were on the ship just a few days ago, I'm going to wisely defer to the voice of immediate experience. :3_grin:

Yeah, @tiny260, based on @Sabrinaklai's response that's definitely the way of it.

I clearly need a memory upgrade. Mine just isn't working like it used to! :13_upside_down:

Nope, you just need a vacation!  Week and a half!

I had a 2 device plan just once.  It came in the form of a letter in my cabin with a single code. 

In my experience you don't need to sign out.  I haven't spent any time trying to figure out what device gets booted on a multi-device plan when the +1 device attempt signs in. 

Now that I have my travel router I don't buy multi device plans any more. 

Hmm...it must be ship dependent then. Here's the letter we got on Anthem for the 2 device plan. I'm assuming 4 devices would work the same:

IMG_6057.thumb.JPG.5e1885a7fc0498fee3d00ed71a11d292.JPG

I always had on device on because I was blogging. Travel router had the 2nd device. When hubby left the cabin and forgot to log off the travel router he would not be able to login. He could not bump off me or the router. One time hubby gave our friend the code to use temporarily and one of us had to log out to let him on. This was just last week on Anthem.

We've shared a single device code and I honestly can't remember if we could actually bump the other device off or had to logoff each time.  We never got the code-in-use error message, but the logoff process is just going to "logoff.com" on the connected device.

The only oddity I noticed on the Allure is that my other half's iPhone wouldn't bring up the login page automatically, he had to actually go to "logon.com" to get the login screen.  My Android phone would pop up a notification.

1 hour ago, Orange Crush said:

We've shared a single device code and I honestly can't remember if we could actually bump the other device off or had to logoff each time.  We never got the code-in-use error message, but the logoff process is just going to "logoff.com" on the connected device.

The only oddity I noticed on the Allure is that my other half's iPhone wouldn't bring up the login page automatically, he had to actually go to "logon.com" to get the login screen.  My Android phone would pop up a notification.

iPhone wifi has many users reporting issues.  This in particular is a problem with something called 'captive portal detection' and if you google it many users report issues.

Sadly Apple code has grown pretty bad over recent years with lots of buggy issues like this.  Some users report better experiences after resetting the networking on the phone.

• 2 years later...

Greetings Guys / Ladies,

Going for a cruise this Jan. (Quantum)

Wondering if there's a difference between purchasing a single device VOOM package for each guest (there are two of us travelling) - which works out to be 100$,

vs

Purchasing a TWO device package under 1 guest's name (meaning it's not under my wife's name, she's Guest No 2) - which is a fair bit cheaper at 87$?

Will RCI disallow login for my wife's mobile since the package is under my name only?

Thanks for any insights!

1 hour ago, kc1968 said:

Greetings Guys / Ladies,

Going for a cruise this Jan. (Quantum)

Wondering if there's a difference between purchasing a single device VOOM package for each guest (there are two of us travelling) - which works out to be 100$,

vs

Purchasing a TWO device package under 1 guest's name (meaning it's not under my wife's name, she's Guest No 2) - which is a fair bit cheaper at 87$?

Will RCI disallow login for my wife's mobile since the package is under my name only?

Thanks for any insights!

Welcome to the boards. You can absolutely buy the two device package at the $87 and you will each be allowed to log in.

14 minutes ago, GregD said:

Welcome to the boards. You can absolutely buy the two device package at the $87 and you will each be allowed to log in.

Thanks GregD ? This is our first time so not sure how things work on board! I'm gonna go ahead and "reprice" the deal and book the better internet deal. Much appreciated!!

4 minutes ago, kc1968 said:

Thanks GregD ? This is our first time so not sure how things work on board! I'm gonna go ahead and "reprice" the deal and book the better internet deal. Much appreciated!!

You have come to the right place to get answers, we all try to be as helpful as possible, so ask as many questions as you like. Have a great cruise!